Steam Packet...
InvictaMoto Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
Steam Packet...
Anyone has their invoice and confirmation of crossings yet?
20-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Find Reply
Michael Offline

Threads: 6

Sad NO!
Michael
21-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

The situation will be complicated by the recent loss of a vessel due to a collision at Liverpool. Heard rumour today that it might be written off...however, another will be hired for the TT...but they must have to wait to see what they get so they can schedule. The last thing they or the passengers needed in this Centenary season.
21-02-2007, 05:57 PM
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Delay
I 'phoned them yesterday and they told me there is a delay with invoicing but those of us who have placed a deposit will get their invoices quite soon..

Don't panic Mr Mannering....we'll get there !!
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
21-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Website Find Reply
gary the nurse Offline

Threads: 18

on bbc site it states it's being mended in dry dock...but if it's written of we should see if we could club together and buy it and fix it ourselves....where'd you put the "Q" plate tho?
21-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Brilliant idea, Gary...all profits to the IOMTTMA! Were you at the do on Sat night, by the way? I was there with Gail and David Griffiths.
21-02-2007, 08:23 PM
gary the nurse Offline

Threads: 18

nah-couldn't make sat night-looked like a really great night-and all credit to chris heyes and his organisation!
was at grandstand with paul and group of reprobates most of saturday day tho-more paint on us than certain walls :twisted: :roll:
21-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

Sprayin' grafitti Gary at your age :oops:

Seriously it's a big thank'you to all the Manx volunteers who do so much behind the scenes. Un-publicised work, but not un-appreciated by the masses on the 'big' island.
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
22-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Website Find Reply
InvictaMoto Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
Re: Delay
ian huntly Wrote:I 'phoned them yesterday and they told me there is a delay with invoicing but those of us who have placed a deposit will get their invoices quite soon..

Don't panic Mr Mannering....we'll get there !!

Did you used to deal with the TT Programme a few year back..... Your name is very familiar to me!
27-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
YUS
Yep, I contributed a lot of bits (photos, storys and predictions) to the TT programme for a number of years in the 80's, (I was alone when I picked Roger Burnett to win his TT) when it was put all together and printed here in Reading, Berkshire.....

I was also afforded a supreme accolade when Brian Crichton of the Classic bikes magazines did a full page in the programme with pics of me taken with riders over the years, on my 40th year as a TTFAN..

Here 20 years later at "60 years a TTFAN"...do they care, am I bovvered, !!

When the programme went to the IOM for production, the new lot didn't appear to need some of us who had been personally involved with the TT for many years and had first hand memories.

Many programmes now appear to be written by people who's only contact with the TT or other racing is by, with or from computer retrieval or by nicking other peoples storys !!

See http://www.bbhmg.com when you have a few hours spare !!

I also have a loft full of TT memories !!!!

e-mail my private address with your name please so I can identify you
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
01-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Website Find Reply