Any other regulars not going this year?
billybookcase Offline

Threads: 13
Any other regulars not going this year?
Admittedly I have other reasons for not going, but one reason is the fact that I have attended every year (bar one) since 1977, and marshalled for the past 19 years and yet would receive no priority over one timers.
I realise it's a market economy, supply and demand, blah blah blah, etc etc, but it does make me a bit peeved.
The most important TT since the 1960's will be TT 2008.
Will I be going?
I don't know.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
15-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15

Priority for what? If you are talking about marshalling then I can tell you for a FACT that all the regular and experienced marshalls WERE written to inviting them to indicate if they were marshalling this year.

If you did not get a letter then maybe like so many others you changed address and did not inform the TTMA?

I am not being rude here, just confused over what priority you are talking about!
16-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lol Lol Lol Lol
20-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15

Apparently, according to some PM's I have had (which have NOT offended me) :wink: some people think I was being a bit harsh on Billy.

As I said in my first post, I was NOT being rude and might well have missed the point being made. It seemed to me that fingers were being pointed about priority on marshalling.

The reason I posted is because I have 1st hand experience at the effort being made by the TTMA, not only having attended their IMC Course (See this weeks IOM Examiner) but also that my dad is on the TTMA, my stepmum is Secretary and Roger and Jan Hurst devote their lives to it.

So anyway it would appear Billy was getting at the rising costs of the Steam Racket and Hotel Prices ect and that being the case I am inclined to agree with him.

So sorry for missing your point Billy, however I did say I was not being rude and I did mean that.
21-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Find Reply