Pat Hennen again
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pat Hennen again
Ok i have mailed loads of people on why Pat Hennen who we all know was the 1st rider to lap the mountain circuit in under 20 mins should not be invited to TT07 guess what? nobody wants to know.
21-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Chris Thackeray Offline

Threads: 28

Yep Ive seen your post here pykey and else where, tis a shame 78 was a good year Hailwood`s return mega crowds GP riders.
Perhaps Steam Packet could sponsor Pat Hennen`s return to the Isle of Man after all it wouldn`t break their bank account.
22-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Website Find Reply
Harvey T Offline

Threads: 16

Pykey, are you getting any replies from the powers that be, or has it gone silent?
Let the dug see the rabbit.
22-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I tink we've already had some answers to this. The fact is that there are too many people with achievements worth celebrating for any attempt by the Manx Government to invite them all at taxpayers expense.
All winners have been invited, and the others you read about, such as the Yamaha Classic Team, are being financed by someone else.
I also understand that, in the past, he has been invited, but did not express any enthusiasm to come.
22-03-2007, 04:14 PM
ZZR600 Offline

Threads: 0

Yes Pykey, and while we're at it, why dont we invite the first person to lap in 25 minutes, 22 minutes, 19 minutes 30, the first person to win a race on 30th May, the first person to win a race starting at 12 noon, the first winning rider to be born on Friday 13th and the first TT rider to lap at 100 after having kippers for breakfast?
22-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I don't think that's called for. I can see Pykey's point, but I hope he can see the problems.
Thre's a lot of people I would like to see there, some will be there, either self-financed or sponsored, but some will not. Nothing is ever perfect. Anyway, Pykey, you're not coming yourself, are you? Better to get him to something where you will see him.
22-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Stella Offline

Threads: 58

Good reply Helen and to be honest had Pykey got a reply even just suggesting the same reason as you have, which i have also heard b4.I`m sure that would have been a perfectly satisfactory explanation.

Totally agree with Pykey that If Pat Hennen had been invited and felt able to accept an invitiation, he would have been an extremely popular guest.
22-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stella i can prove Pat was not invited to TT 07 and i have it in writing but thanks for your support.
22-03-2007, 09:39 PM
shuffler Offline

ZZR600 Wrote:Yes Pykey, and while we're at it, why dont we invite the first person to lap in 25 minutes, 22 minutes, 19 minutes 30, the first person to win a race on 30th May, the first person to win a race starting at 12 noon, the first winning rider to be born on Friday 13th and the first TT rider to lap at 100 after having kippers for breakfast?
ZZR600.......... take a chill pill or something.clampit
shuffler
22-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

pykey, you aint had a reply from me because every email you've sent me re pat hennen has been empty, blank, nowt to read. and as you and everybody else that knows me knows, i couldn't give a toss about the t.t. anyway, i hate it. people look at me gone out when i tell them i hate the t.t. i tell them that i like football, but i don't have to support man utd, i support derby. i love music, but i hate soul and rap. i could make many analogies like this, but it always ends the same. i love road racing but keep the mountain circuit - sorry. nothing against the place, in fact i'm trying me damnedest to do the southern this year.
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
23-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

ade well i used to to the baseball ground and loved the place so next year i will be going to pride park and the s100 book now you will enjoy it Lol Lol
23-03-2007, 08:53 PM
ade! Offline

david, we live in hope.
ade!
24-03-2007, 12:52 AM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ade are refering to the footy or the S100, both would be great eh? Lol
24-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Chris Thackeray Offline

ade! Wrote:pykey, you aint had a reply from me because every email you've sent me re pat hennen has been empty, blank, nowt to read. and as you and everybody else that knows me knows, i couldn't give a toss about the t.t. anyway, i hate it. people look at me gone out when i tell them i hate the t.t. i tell them that i like football, but i don't have to support man utd, i support derby. i love music, but i hate soul and rap. i could make many analogies like this, but it always ends the same. i love road racing but keep the mountain circuit - sorry. nothing against the place, in fact i'm trying me damnedest to do the southern this year.
ade!

Dont get some of the poo on here at times and Derby what a pile of goggy poo.............
24-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Website Find Reply
ade! Offline

there's always one. i thought you were a bit more intelligent than that, chris. been at the sauce?
as i said in my posting, which is quite clear if you're sober, just because i love real roads racing, i don't have to like the t.t. course.
what is a goggy, anyway?
ade!
25-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

25-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Find Reply
Chris Thackeray Offline

LOL how did you guess, me had been on the hard stuff was my sons 21st good excuse huh..... anyway not saying my team Lions?????? lol......Your team did have one of the best managers in football tho Brian Clough.
No offence ment ade.
25-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Website Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok lads lets get real Ade is a superstar and if you know his recent history you are lucky to get a reply and we all love our sport so ok lads cool it or sort it out in the hole in wall at the gold cup.
25-03-2007, 09:24 PM
shuffler Offline

Isle of Man TT, the greatest real road race in the world.............well i think so.
shuffler Big Grin
shuffler
25-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

hi chris, none taken mate.
pykey, hello.
shuffler. that is your prerogative mate. if we all liked the same thing, this world would be even more boring than it is now. personally, i like the ulster prix and skerries the best.
pat hennen - apologies for going off the rails somewhat with this thread Big Grin
ade!
COME ON YOU RAMS
26-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Find Reply