Food at the TT
FC
Unregistered

Food at the TT
I wonder if the DTI have took into account that with all the extra visitors expected for the TT, who is going to feed them. For the past few years its been ny impossible to get any place for a meal unless you like to live on Burgers and the likes.
02-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48

Collin, do you ever post anything positive mate? or are you the DTI police watchman bahahaha
02-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

We'll be promoting wallaby-burgers!
02-04-2007, 10:39 PM
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

Very tasty!

Ballaugh Curraghs
An early morning walk in the area of Penny Holding's Lane produced 2 singing Lesser Whitethroats and a small party of Red-necked (Bennett's) Wallabies containing at least 4 individuals. These marsupials escaped from the nearby wildlife park several years ago and are flourishing in the wild with an estimated population of at least 40 animals. It is certainly something of a surprise to come across them for the first time, although they seldom give prolonged views being shy creatures, the best times to see them being at dawn and dusk. Alongside the ditches that criss-cross the area there were clumps of Marsh Violets adding a splash of blue to the predominantly green vegetation.

[Image: Wallabies.jpg]
02-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

They're not Bennett's... they're ours...
03-04-2007, 06:24 AM
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15

So wallabies have their own insurance company and sponsor some programmes on Men & Motors? Blimey!! :!:
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
03-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Shaun Harris Wrote:Collin, do you ever post anything positive mate? or are you the DTI police watchman bahahaha

I was trying to be possitive, possitive that we would be able to get a meal, no use highlighting a possible problem on the day.
Its not so long ago Shaun while dropping you off at the airport that you made the comment that you could not wait to get some good grub inside you Lol .
But getting serious, its been said in the local pess here that the Island is in desperate need of good eating houses, If making the comment I did kick starts someone to check out what could be a problem then so be it.
03-04-2007, 05:43 PM
FC
Unregistered

Shaun traveled to Spain and wandered into a Madrid restaurant one night for a late dinner.
He ordered the house specialty and was brought a plate with potatoes, corn, and two large meaty objects. "What's this?" Shaun asked.

"Cojones, senor," the waiter replied.

"But, what are cojones?" Shaun asked.

"Cojones," the waiter explained, "are the testicles of the bull who lost at the arena this afternoon."

At first Shaun was disgusted; but being the adventurous type, he decided to try this local delicacy. To Shaun`s amazement, it was quite delicious. In fact, it was so good, Shaun decided to return the next night and order it again.

This time, the waiter brought out the plate, but the meaty objects were much smaller.

"What's this?" Shaun asked the waiter.

"No, no," Shaun objected, "I had cojones yesterday and they were much bigger than these."

"Senor," the waiter explained, "the bull does not always lose."
03-04-2007, 06:06 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

I suspect if they had been Shaun's cojones they would have been bigger than the bull's!
03-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48

FC Wrote:Shaun traveled to Spain and wandered into a Madrid restaurant one night for a late dinner.
He ordered the house specialty and was brought a plate with potatoes, corn, and two large meaty objects. "What's this?" Shaun asked.

"But, what are cojones?" Shaun asked.

"Cojones," the waiter explained, "are the testicles of the bull who lost at the arena this afternoon."

At first Shaun was disgusted; but being the adventurous type, he decided to try this local delicacy. To Shaun`s amazement, it was quite delicious. In fact, it was so good, Shaun decided to return the next night and order it again.

This time, the waiter brought out the plate, but the meaty objects were much smaller.

"What's this?" Shaun asked the waiter.

"No, no," Shaun objected, "I had cojones yesterday and they were much bigger than these."

"Senor," the waiter explained, "the bull does not always lose."

Now there is your sense of humour back and over flowing Lol
03-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

can just imagine the confusion at the boarrger van, as Cargo says.

Cargo 'Can I have a Boarger please'

Burger man ' Wallaby?'

(you can all see it coming carn't you?)

Cargo 'I just told you, a boarger please'.

Sorry, is there a prize for the worst food joke?

Lol
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
04-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

There was a prize for that, but that joke is just so bad I threw away the prize... got any more dreadful jokes? I enjoyed that. I think bad jokes must be like burgers... you know they're rubbish but they just smell sooo good you can't resist them.
04-04-2007, 06:44 AM
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
The Latest Big Cheese
Wouldn't it be weird if IoM Creameries were to try to cash in on the Festival this year by launching a "Limited Edition TT Centenary Vintage Cheddar" featuring Joey on an RC30 on the wrapper with the phrase "FLAVOUR WITH POWER" boldly printed?
[Image: Cheeses_lg.jpg]
04-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Find Reply
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15

thewitch Wrote:got any more dreadful jokes?.
Go on then - can I be first to come up with the one about the Chinese takeaway owner and the wheelie bin? (See the sneaky link to food?)

Refuse collector person (PC, me!) goes into a Chinese takeaway and asks "Where's ya bin?"
Chinese man replies "I bin Hong Kong!"
"No" says our hero, "where's ya wheelie bin?"
"But" says Wun Hung Lo " I wheelie bin Hong Kong!"
:x :x :x :x
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
04-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Find Reply
Noddy Offline

Threads: 7

This Chinese chap get a job in Supplies Dept of this factory, seemingly no saw him about the place, so toward the end of his first week they decided to do a good search of the building. They looked high and low and when looking in a shed out by the carpark - out pops your man and shouts

"Supplies"

:roll: :roll: :roll:
http://www.twostrokeracingsupportersclub.com helping to keep pure racing bikes on the roads....have you joined us?
04-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58

Surprise .......

Lol Lol Lol

The old uns are the best eh ?
04-04-2007, 01:48 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

here's a couple for you

This sandwich walks into a bar, the barman says

'sorry we don't serve food'

my favorite though is :-

This irish man, I think it might have been Cargo, finds two slices of bread with some wires hanging out, placed just outside his garage, ok hut. So he phones the bomb squad and says 'I think I have found this bomb outside my garage disgised as a sandwich'

The bloke at the bomb squad says 'is it tickin'

Cargo says 'no I think its beef'

Lol Lol Lol
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
04-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Courtesty of John Foster. One wonders if this is THE real big cheese at the TT this year :wink:

[Image: TT_Big_Cheese1.jpg]
05-04-2007, 06:47 AM