course repairs
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
course repairs
Had a nice lap this teatime very little traffic about but I must report on some very indifferent patchwork to the course,sorry publc road,especially through Glen Helen.

I guess the ace team of patchers have now retired and, sorry to say,their successors really aren't anywhere as good.Check it out.

However the new smooth exit from Ballaugh Bridge is brill.
16-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

Dreadful,isn't it? There are several other places too,through Kirkmichael and Bishopscourt,just to mention two of them.It is like a patchwork quilt,more suited to enduro bikes than superbikes! :roll:
16-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

From an entirely personnal point of view..............I like the bumpy bits.

Larry?
16-04-2007, 10:57 PM
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

Cargo, you knew I'd rise to this.

I have all but given up on commenting on this fetish for billiard-table "improvements" to "road" racing circuits.

People are going to be unnecessarily injured or, worse, killed. I worry about this year's newcomers, especially the quick ones.

Leave the bloody bumps where they are.

Everybody knows them, or learns them - after all, that's what racing used to be about.

Mind you, Helen, I do have some sympathy for the chairmen . . . . . sorry, chairpeople :!:

:wink:
17-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

I agree with that Larry.Trouble is,they are making ramps all over the place,not just bumps,and it is like riding over tram lines where the seams join.There used to be many more bumps than there are now,and you simply adjusted to them, but the surface is so unpredictable,that the new surface often doesn't drain anywhere near as well as the old,thus making it very difficult to see if it is damp or dry.Frankly,I couldn't see a great deal wrong with it, but I must say thay have made a great job of Brandish,and they did it with minimal disruption to the public, and quickly too
17-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

In the old book published by, I think, TT Special, that you learnt the course from, it often used to say, of a certain section, "Bumps limit the speed". At one time you had to stay within 2ft of the white line down Sulby Straight or you were in a tankslapper, now you can go anywhere, its so smooth.

I think they should resurface the whole lot with some special "Bumpy tarmac" just for the 100th Anniversary. Lol Lol Lol
17-04-2007, 06:46 PM