A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED
Rocket Man Offline

Threads: 13
A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED
I thought the 100th year was going to really something special on the TT course, but alas it is the same old format, as in recent years
I was hoping that to celebrate this special year, a 3 or 4 lap Classic Race could have been arranged, to see the bikes of yesteryear, being raced again in anger, like they did in 1984. I also suggested a 10 lap production race, 2 riders per machine, like they did in the 1970s.
I did contact the powers to be with my suggestion last year, but recieved no reply.
I always watch the Lap of Honour and Classic Lap, but i felt last years event was the worst ever, due to the entry being sent off in batches, taking away the whole excitement of the noise and smell of the machines lining up on the start line.
Most probably, the 130mph lap will be achieved, but thats all the 100th year will be remembered for, apart from the island sinking a few feet with the weight of all the bikes and people, and the over pricing of accomadation, food, merchandise etc, as the island makes a killing, which is bound to happen for this special year.
24-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
TT 100
We'll make the 100th TT an occasion to remember by just being there...

Don't forget we are re-enacting the first ever TT, and simulating an early morning practice......at least !!!! More to come !!

However, I do agree that something a little more memorable than just the Lap of Honour could have been arranged to take us all back to say the 1950-1960's races. The lap of honour, as such, seems to include modern machinery just to carry a few riders who couldn't get permission to ride a classic bike. For the classic lap I do realise that the rare machinery is so expensive but this should be a one-off situation arranged for the centenary..

We need sounds if they don't break the decibel rules which now apply !!

The so-called lap of honour should be properly segmented into groupings of bikes of each era so we can hear them and savour them.

The TT has become an event, not completely centred on the TT races anymore, where there will be other parts of an extensive programme to attend so I have bought another couple of 256mb chips for the camera !

Don't criticise so much, just be there and be part of a very unique fortnight on another planet..

Finally, who do I contact to let me drop the flag to start a race ??

I'd love to do that as part of my 60th anniversary............PLEASE

(by the way, I feel the change of line at Brandish might just help "someone" to crack 130)
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
24-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Website Find Reply