TT for everyone
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
TT for everyone
I honestly did believe that the TT was there for everyone who wanted to compete, and that this was much a part of the TT at the very start as it was a few years ago. Aparently now you have to be apart of the privaleged few before you get a ride. I have an idea that I think will please both the riders and also the spectators that spends hundreds getting here, and as far as I know that price is going up and up by the cunning Steam Racket yet again making a few extra quid on the back of the TT centenery.

Last year there were a few comments about the fact that a few of the races that were so similar that it wasn't really a different race. Same as same as, I think alot of the comments were. But here is a thought, get rid of one of the super thingys and run a race purely for those guys who don't reach 115 mph average. Call it a support race as they do in Ireland. I am sure that the racing in this particular class would be just as close as that of the so called higher classes.

Its just a thought but at least those people who have supported the TT over the years and in my oppinion make the TT would get a chance. I don't want the TT turning into an old boys school but it to be the one and only place that remains open to all.

I would love to here what anyone elses comments are. And maybe if the race is good then maybe there can be an extended program.

I know that one person replying will say its all about what the manufactures want, well quite frankly I don't care what they think. Let them have MotoGP, World Superbikes, British Superbikes and all the trappings, let the TT be the TT and nothing else.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
04-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40

This idea's been discussed over on iomtt.com. Couple of points on your post though...

There would be no need to remove one of the existing races from the schedule as the race program is already TWO races short as it is. I think the problem with having potentially slower riders doing a support race would be concerns about relative lap speeds in practice. Whether this is just a perceived danger or a real one I don't know but I can't see this getting off the ground.

I've had some ideas about how to fill the gap and Paul P has suggested he and I meet at the TT to kick some ideas around. It's old news that I really fancy a Twins/Triples TT and there are plenty of manufacturers that could be approached over this. The 250s are coming back up, so maybe they will soon have the potential to return to the TT.

As these classes are less likely to be populated than the current 'Super...' clones by the top names then it may give riders let down by the existing situation a chance to compete.
04-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
125 TT
Sachs have a tasty 125 four-stroke road bike, selling in the UK.....

Looks like a DUCATI !!!

Environmentally it appears to fit in with requirements.

Could it be assessed as a racer for next year ??
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
04-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Website Find Reply