TT ART
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
TT ART
The TT is marking its 100th year this year (2007)

An exhibition of original artwork depicting TT racing over the past 100 years is being exhibited during the Isle of Man's two-week festival.
Acclaimed motorcycle artists Rod Organ and Peter Hearsey have painted pieces for the decades between 1907 and 2006.

The exhibition will run for most of the centenary TT festival from 28 May to 10 June at the Courtyard Gallery at St Johns.

At least one of the artists is expected to attend most days.

Mr Organ is official artist for Ducati, the TT Riders Association, and Riders for Health and has been a professional Motorcycle artist since 1970.

Mr Hearsey is one of the few British artists to be invited to join the American Society of Automobile Artists.

Every year he paints the picture used to advertise the Festival of Speed at Goodwood.

The centenary Isle of Man TT Festival runs from 26 May to 8 June.

From the BBC Europe website
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
07-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Definitely not to be missed.
07-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
Art exhibitions, photo exhibitions - Laughing Chinman etc.
There will also be an exhibition in the Villa Marina by local artist Paul Parker.
For those who know the 'laughing chinaman' - Harry Long, he will be gracing our shores for the Pre-TT Classic on his t'rusty' Goldie. Harry now has a website:
http://www.harrylong.com/
The opening pictures tells it all!
Edgar Jessopp's bigest (well, tallest) fan Allan Robinson also has a new website:
http://www.allanrobinson.com/
Parental guidance may be advised on this one!
There are due to be some photo exhibitions in Ramsey, Kirk Michael and St John's during the TT period, more details when they let me know what they want.
I have been asked about the 1923 TT film which featured in the Border TV programme. It will be shown in the Island at a later date, in film shows to raise funds for the MGP Helicopter Fund. I have plenty of other films that are not available commercially to make for an interesting evening or two.
07-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Website Find Reply