Urgent, Check your insurance before thr TT
FC
Unregistered

Urgent, Check your insurance before thr TT
09-05-2007, 06:34 PM
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

Colin, I have never read such rubbish in my life.

It's not an "amended road", whatever the hell that might be.

It most definitely is NOT a closed road.

What it IS is a temporary one-way street, and I would have thought that the self-styled "one of the UK's largest insurance brokers" might have had the very small amount of experience and knowledge required to realise this.

As for the happy punter who uses "BP Insurance" as Brokers, my advice would be to move his business immediately - it's perfectly clear that his "Broker" is not on his side . . . . . . .

I don't see how any reputable Insurer could even attempt to avoid a claim in such circumstances, certainly not where Third Party Personal Injury is involved.

Unless of course they could PROVE that their Policyholder was racing someone else on this open road - and how the hell could they PROVE that??

It's like a charge of conspiracy - how can they establish exactly what their Insured's state of mind was at the time?

Incidentally, that's why so few conspiracy charges result in convictions - juries refuse to believe that prosecutors are mindreaders :!:

The message is, as ever, that MCN is as the "Sun" - poo sells :!: :!:

:wink:
09-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

And it's not even any good for wiping your bottom ................the ink comes off
10-05-2007, 05:53 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

..and how do you know...
10-05-2007, 08:13 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

The idea of the one-way roads was to better than halve the chances of hitting somone else, as there was no-one coming the other way. It's a great pity some idiots interpret it as an invitation to ride like fools.
I've never felt comfortable coming down from the mountain after a race with all the numties who force their way through, as if they are on a mission.
When I raced I trusted all the other competitors to value my life as well as their own (well most of them, most of the time!!), but these clowns don't give a toss and don't have the intelligence or skill to be racers.
Mind you, some very smart people I know go out on Mad Sunday, and I think the pack mentality gets them too.
However, as Larry says, it is not a circuit, not a closed road and not a race track, so there is no justification for this nonsense, dreamed up by some journalist with nothing to do but sit picking bits of cheap hamburger out of his teeth in his cosy office. I can just visualise the scene as he has this inspiration and rushes into the editor's office shouting "Hey, boss, I've had this great idea...."
10-05-2007, 08:23 AM