Skoal Bandits coming back ???
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Skoal Bandits coming back ???
The papers over the weekend have been featuring the possibility of substituting fags with ......tobacco packs you can chew !!

Skoal Bandits were mentioned briefly but saying they had been banned, not for causing lung cancer, but because kids MIGHT have thought them to be sweets.

Could we see a return of Skoal into motorsport, including motorcycle racing ?? The livery was quite striking.

Can anybody tell me when they were banned or last supported Suzuki ??
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
14-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

One of the reasons they were banned was that they cause one of the most aggressive forms of cancer.. cancer of the mouth (also of the oesophagus, throat etc... not a nice way to go).
14-05-2007, 11:11 AM
cargo
Unregistered

I read about some resturant in Belfast that has introduced a desert made with chocolate and tobacco.

Those nicotine addicts will do anything to get their fix.

Funniest thing I've seen since the smoking ban was introduced here two week ago was a boy of about 11 maybe 12 selling cheap?/stolen?/imported illegaly? cigarettes to the punters standing outside the pub.
At his age he wasn't allowed into the pub but now he has a ready made customer base standing outside...............smart kid if you ask me
14-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Noddy Offline

Threads: 7

I think they last supported Suzuki back around '86 with Neil 'Smutty' Robinson amoung other riders - ade!, anyone?
http://www.twostrokeracingsupportersclub.com helping to keep pure racing bikes on the roads....have you joined us?
15-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

That sounds about right to me noddy
15-05-2007, 10:49 AM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Yes, as a consumer item, they were orrible, but

this is interesting....

http://www.iomtt.com/TT-Database/Events/...ach_id=998