Liar, Liar - still trying to wriggle out of it!
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
Liar, Liar - still trying to wriggle out of it!
From Manx Radio website:

"The bike newspaper that started a TT scare over insurance cover, has confirmed fans underwritten by Bennetts WILL be totally covered.

A week ago, Motorcycle News ran an article under the headline 'Thousands of TT visitors not insured to ride'.

After stating it was merely to raise any concerns over the issue, the latest edition has Bennetts confirming the insurance position.

MCN is claiming credit for 'ending the uncertainty'."

Remind me - who started the false rumour????

[Image: two_headed_snake_by_slug45.jpg]
17-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48

What else would you expect, from a piece of trash like that
18-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Apparently they are feeling hard done by and are now taping all interviews... hmmm... might backfire on them? Still wouldn't say a word to them or buy it.
18-05-2007, 07:16 AM
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

As Cargo once said you carn't even use it as toilet paper as the ink comes off', so what that really means is even the print thinks its not worth sticking with. Lol Lol
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
18-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Bennetts
As a person involved in the motorcycle industry I have found that Bennetts appear to be having some problems in the quoting of cover, getting cover notes out and generally recognising the different models of new motorcycles.

I make my statement with considerable caution but feel that if anyone from Bennetts reads our site here, they must look inward at their motorcycle division and correct a number of bad incidents which have manifested themselves over the last few weeks.

Is it possible that their offices are now, er, overseas because we have had poor communication and a number of cover notes have had wrong plate letters or numbers on them, (so correct ones have had to be ordered) and also cover notes have been delayed or sent to the wrong destination.

Up to recently we could not fault Bennetts but presently something is going wrong and needs rectifying.....
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
19-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Website Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

Bennetts should take my advice and speak to anyone from MCN, or even the Daily Mail, using only words of one syllable. Better still - don't speak to them.
19-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Re: Bennetts
ian huntly Wrote:As a person involved in the motorcycle industry I have found that Bennetts appear to be having some problems in the quoting of cover, getting cover notes out and generally recognising the different models of new motorcycles.

I make my statement with considerable caution but feel that if anyone from Bennetts reads our site here, they must look inward at their motorcycle division and correct a number of bad incidents which have manifested themselves over the last few weeks.

Is it possible that their offices are now, er, overseas because we have had poor communication and a number of cover notes have had wrong plate letters or numbers on them, (so correct ones have had to be ordered) and also cover notes have been delayed or sent to the wrong destination.

Up to recently we could not fault Bennetts but presently something is going wrong and needs rectifying.....

Personnally I just think that MCN will pounce on whatever they can to stick one on the TT. Firstly they never checked their information with the company BEFORE they went to press and yes maybe someone at Bennetts did make a mistake, but that doesn't take away from the fact that they did not check their facts. Secondly they made as much about it as possible, to maximise the possible affect on the TT. And then to take credit for all the hard work done else where, when they should have done that in the first place is just unbelieveable. So come on Ian stop trying to give then some sort of excuse for what is, quite frankly shoddy journalism.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
20-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
MCN
I make no excuse for the Weekly, I only put forward a second relevant aspect to the primary story...

In this case the combination of the two appears to have only compounded our feelings toward a paper that used to do so much for the sport of motorcycling in the days of Norrie, Nick and the rest of the reporters of truth who did not need to write articles like the ones we get just now.

Nowadays it is all adverts and little else and what is published is written without research or thought.

A bit like the National newspapers !!!
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
20-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Website Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28

But Foster is the first to read it and report it.
Methinks he speaks with a forked tongue.
[Image: 6707570-Beelzebub.jpg]
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
23-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Find Reply
veefour Offline

Threads: 16

Ian wrote:-

In this case the combination of the two appears to have only
compounded our feelings toward a paper that used to do so much for the sport of motorcycling in the days of Norrie, Nick and the rest of the reporters of truth who did not need to write articles like the ones we get just now.

Nowadays it is all adverts and little else and what is published is written without research or thought.

A bit like the National newspapers !!!

Never a truer word spoken Ian, i started buying MCN in its infancy (god, was it that long ago !), but had started to get fed up with it when all they could think of was the 'latest Ducati, or 'how to wheelie' etc. Then since they did that report on the Marshaling issue last year i have never bought another one. And you know what, i don't miss it one bit !!
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
23-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Find Reply