Un-Super Seacat
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
Un-Super Seacat
Why aren't the Steam Racket Co telling all their customers that the Super Seacat is only running on two engines,and has been doing so for a while? We all know the answer, but they insist on keeping it under their rudders.It is almost as quick to use the Ben-my-chree from Heysham.Last Saturday it was delayed for two hours,then took five hours to get to Liverpool,due to ANOTHER mechanical problem.Surely they have had long enough to sort things out prior to the TT.I certainly wouldn't want to be travelling from Europe,to be faced with an extra journey like that.Their customers should be entitled to some compensation for all the inconvenience,after all it is not a one- off occurrence.Their latest jingle(commercial), on the radio goes on to say what wonderful value their trips are! Excuse me while I puke.It is high time the Manx government stepped in and did something positive about them.We aren't ALL millionaires who live on the island,but they have their own private jets,don't they?
:roll: Evil
21-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16

Oh Please - Hilary - how can they afford to repair anything.!!!! The Australian CEO has just had a salary increase...........already on millions p.a. .....much to the utter disgust of us lot down under. I think he is one of Australia's top earners....maybe even oen of the world's.
21-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Damn thing is still running late tonight,like 2 hours.Why don't they tell the truth for a change? :roll:
21-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hillary read your in box?
21-05-2007, 09:54 PM
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

Le Chat est arrive a Douglas, yessir!
21-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Just as well the boat was late tonight, or someone I know would have missed it!!
21-05-2007, 11:14 PM
FC
Unregistered

MANX RADIO HAVE JUST SAID THAT THE IOMSP HAVE ADMITED TO HAVING A PROBLEM WHICH WILL EFFECT OVER 5000 PASSENGERS TRAVELING TO THE TT, THOSE WHOS TRAVEL IS TO BE CHANGED WILL BE CONTACTED BY PHONE.

IOMSP HAVE RELEASED A PRESS STATEMENT LATE LAST NIGHT.
22-05-2007, 07:15 AM
TT TECH Offline

Threads: 5

Clubmen Suport Themselves
22-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Find Reply
Michael Offline

Threads: 6

I even got an e-mail that my booking was changed: We want to go home June 8th 08:15 Douglas - Heysham now it is 14:15 Douglas - Liverpool. Arrival at Liverpool 16:45. I come from Germany and booked the ferry over the channel for the same day. So I must be in Hull on June 8th 17:00. So I have 15 minutes to go from Liverpool to Hull!!!!
Needless to say that I booked for TT 2007 in 2005!!
Michael
22-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

That is outrageous, Michael.
22-05-2007, 04:10 PM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Treating our foreign visitors like this is a disgrace.
What DO they think they are runnin here.

Are we going to do anything about this incrediby bad service?
We can just take it on the chin as we have done for years
(In my case, 40)
Or.....what?

How about some "STEAM PACKET STINKS" stickers?

MV
22-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Website Find Reply
Michael Offline

Threads: 6

We came since 1981 every year. But what can I do? I sent an e-mail to the Steam-packet cause it is impossible to reach anybody by phone. I have also problems with my payment cause the bill was in euro and they booked GBP. I phoned, I wrote , I sent e-mails - NO REACTION!! I paied 450,00 GBP more as I have to. I think, I take a visit to the Steam-Packet during TT. The problem is, they have a monopol.
Michael
22-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Michael, you are right about the monopoly thing.
Steam Packet have no competition and so they get away with more than companies on the Britsh mainland (and I suspect in Germany!)
Yes, go and see them at the Sea Terminal as soon as you get over there.
He, why dont we ALL go wthhim chaps??

Seriously my friend, I wish you luck and hope you can get some satisfaction.

MV
22-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Website Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Maybe we should organise some sort of mass protest.Something really should be done.Trouble is,people are afraid,as usual, to do anything positive,because they don't want to miss the TT,and of course the Racket co. have this monopoly.Why can't the government step in? After all,it would be beneficial to the whole economy if there was someboby who could provide a reasonably priced service.To treat our foreign visitors,in particular,in this manner is nothing short of a scandal.Come on you guys,let's do it! :wink:
22-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

Go straight to the top, Hilary, and see what their policy is:

What we stand for
Macquarie Bank aspires to be a pre-eminent provider of financial services over the long haul.

We recognise that, however our achievements to date are judged, the quest for improvement is never ending. The Macquarie culture is represented by the way in which we act and work together.

The values to which we aspire can be summarised in six principles.

Integrity
Client commitment
Strive for profitability
Fulfilment for our people
Teamwork
Highest standards
Our commitment to the six principles is vital for continued growth and prosperity.
22-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Hillary I spoke to the Minister in charged last Sunday to warn him of this problem only to be told PHONE THE IOMSP I did and got no answers.

MICHAEL RING ADRIAN EARNSHAW HE IS THE GOVERNMENT MINISTER IN CHARGE, HIS PHONE/FAX NUMBER IS 01624628973, I think he said during the elections he is available 24/7

good luck.
:wink: How many have been told that they can not ship thier bikes to the TT but can still travel as foot passengers and will have to leave the bikes in a secure parking area in Heysham and collect them on the way home :wink: :wink:
22-05-2007, 06:29 PM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Well I'm not phased about making a protest except that it could cut into our holiday.
But, if that last comment by FC is true, then its time the RACKET was brought to account.
Leave your bike behind???
.......expletive deleted....
I feel like phoning somebodu myself...

MV
22-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Website Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

22-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I booked to go to Belfast 2 weeks ago with Norfolk Line and due to high winds decided to fly, guess what i emailed Norfolk Line and they promptly gave me a full refund? cant see that happening with the RACKET?
22-05-2007, 08:41 PM
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
ferry Ben my Chree if I may say so
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
22-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Website Find Reply