2007 TT
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
2007 TT
Ok, everyone has their thoughts for this years TT so here's a few questions for you.

Ever since the sad news that Cam Donald was going to miss the TT, I had him down for at least one top three place, who does everyone think will do the winning?

Personally I think John Mc will be hard to beat round here but then Anstey and also as an outside shot Steve Plater maybe or could be in the running.

Of the manxies Big H I think will be the one to watch, he was so impressive on Saturday at Jurby, but so was Connor Cummins at the North West. But who else do you see doing well during the week. Maybe an outside bet that a few of you might let fly.....?

Well the sidecar lads normally put on a good show, and who could count out Molly and Nick Crowe from the locals, but there are a few dark horses from across the pond, but even these are going to struggle to beat the two local crews. But who knows......it will be interesting finding out anyway...

So here is another one for the brains amonst you. How much of a difference is brandish going to make to the lap times. I personally don't think much, maybe a few seconds as you can only go so quick round Hillberry before you start touching things on the outside. Just ask Ian Bell what its like to try just that little bit too hard round there. So yes I think that everyone will be quicker but not that much.

Also do you think that a line should be drawn under the current lap records as the changes are great. To me it doesn't matter, they never drew a line under it when you had to get off and close the gate coming off the mountain if you were the last man through, or when they actually tarmac'd it, so why now.......

Anyway just thought I would kick something off... have fun all......
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
21-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Find Reply
moog1 Offline

Threads: 7

My thoughts are that Anstey will be the main contender to Mc Guinness this year. Remember Anstey's final lap of the senior last year of 129 making him second fastest ever. Plater is a newcomer here, 130 mph may be needed to win here this year, Plater may win best newcomer award but give him a few years to get used to the place first.
Improvements to Brandish: I reckon 5 seconds faster, but as said will that make Hillberry frighteningly fast, and thus on to Cronk ny Mona, who will have the nerve to carry the speed through there
22-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23

To gain 5 seconds by the modification of Brandish I think not.This would mean that if the speed of approach was 180mph in 5sec you would travel 440 yards further from a given point than you would if the old Brandish existed.
Agreed the approach speed to Hilberry will be awesome and this will alter the breaking point considerably but may even slow the mid corner speed of the bend
Still all will be revealed in 3days time
23-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Find Reply