Happy days are here again!
thewitch
Unregistered

Happy days are here again!
Yippee...it's here... well, it's not quite, but the Pre-TT Classic practice starts tonight, and the paddocks at Billown and at the TT Grandstand areas are filling up.
Forget the IOMSPC hassle, forget your gripes...ENJOY... two full weeks of bikes, bikes, bikes... races at the Billown twice (sheer heaven) and two weeks of racing on the TT Course.
There are so many things to see and do, no-oe will have time to do them all. Don't forget to go and see the Manx Museum's Exhibition, opens tomorrow, the display of Rod Organ's work at St John's , the concourse here in Castletown on Tuesday, the Calf of Man, Sulby Glen Hotel... you've ever seen anything like a bike flat out past your nose there, as you enjoy a cool drink in the blazing sunshine!
What's your favourite thing here apart from the racing itself? What will you be doing on the non-race days?
25-05-2007, 09:00 AM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Thanks for that Helen!
Very timely and what we all need.
As I sit at ome with the patio door open, I can hear what we call the "Isle of Man bird." Dont know what it is, but its always there ate the Sulby Glen Hotel for practice.
Dont tell everyone about the Sulby!
Apart from Bray, the Sulby straight is the best place for close up sheer flat-out-ery. I just love to see (and hear!) the reactions of Sulby newbies when the first bikes pass the front door. Very few manage not to swear!
Our other favourite non race day places are Ballaglass Glen and Glenmaye.(as well as numerous other glens!)
The foreshore at Laxey, ice cream in Peel, tea at Port Erin Station, the arboretum, the drive from sulby crossroads to the bungalow, Castletown, the marine drive in Douglas, Bride, the point of Ayre, Niarbyl, Andreas church, Jurby, Ballaugh beach, the Laxey wheel, lunch at HamEgg Terrace, the horse drawn trams, St Johns craft centre.....
Nah........nuffinkt to do!!!

Thanks for the kick start Helen!!

MV
25-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Agree
I have to agree with you Helen...

Let's forget the problems.................................

This is the most special event of the year and once over there, we will witness a superfest of motorcycling in all forms.

I will leave worrying until the second week and then see how things pan out..

I look forward to seeing everybody over there, mines a pint !!

What do I do on non-race days ? There's so much to do re-enactments, sprints, rallies, a trip up Snaefell, a look at some of the glens (compare with 1947 !) and try the queenies.

One thing about the Island, you are NEVER EVER bored but your schedule needs a bit of fore-planning so you don't get too many overlaps !

No, I can forget the cares and woes once I step (drive) off the ferry and see Douglas in front of me....with the pubs, shops and hotels!!

No, I am not a aclohiloc but the sea air makes you very very thirsty.

You lucky lot on the Island..
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
25-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Website Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16

Okay you lot. Not too much tormenting us 'stay at homes'. lol. Anyway, I am looking forward to 2 weeks at the keyboard and in front of the monitor, receiving all your messages and enjoying your wonderful experiences along with you in spirit. Wishing you all a fantastic TT.
26-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Hi Jan, and all you "stayathomes" and "cantgettheres"

I am up early this morning to get online before loading up "Delta Flyer" (my camper van) and seting off for the docks at about 4pm.
Unfortunately, I ont be connected on the Island, so my memories and pics will come after 9th (or whenever we get back)

To all those who, for whatever reason, cant make it, I will be thinking of you while I am across.

MV
26-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Website Find Reply