Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting list / changes to programme anyone?
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
Starting list / changes to programme anyone?
Can anyone help me please?

Where can I get hold of a copy of the changes of riders/machines that was announced at the start of each race?

I try to caption all my photos with accurate information, but don't always manage to hear / write down all the amendments.

It used to be available to download from you-know-where but I've not found it this year, so any suggestions, please?

TIA

Frustrated Boakesey - my camera has taken 2 1/2 hours to upload 370 out of 420 photos and I want to go out on another job, like 10 minutes ago.....
....scone out to take photos!
06-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Find Reply
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15

This is a sad side-effect of the money-grubbing control that has been imposed, meaning that fans are short-changed on information to help them enjoy the races.
BTW - can't you just change the memory card in your camera, and leave the full one downloading while you go out and about? My cheap and old Kodak digital jobbie allows this, so maybe progress has been backwards, as I am sure serious photographers will have serious equipment!?
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
07-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Threads: 1

PeterCourtney Wrote:This is a sad side-effect of the money-grubbing control that has been imposed, meaning that fans are short-changed on information to help them enjoy the races.
BTW - can't you just change the memory card in your camera, and leave the full one downloading while you go out and about? My cheap and old Kodak digital jobbie allows this, so maybe progress has been backwards, as I am sure serious photographers will have serious equipment!?

Yea they has something serious wrong with this camera/computer here.

First don't download from your camera, remove memory card and put in your memory card reader, with USB 2.0 256 to 1GB memory card should download to the computer hard drive in 2 minutes. But hey I have 15k SCSI drives YMMV. Firewire should be quicker.

I think he/they may mean "Upload" in like it's taking 2 1/2 hrs. to up load the pictures to a picture site like Photobucket. Tying up your camera doing this can be avoided by following the advice above, then upload photos from computer while you go about your business.

I went to this car show/swap meet this past fall and took over 425 pictures (first time I've ever filled a 256mb memory card!) and a friend of mine in WA wanted to see them. He said what site are you putting them up on? I said none! 400-500 picture to a photo site would take hours, you can get them off of Usenet in the alt.binaries.pictures groups.
Fire up the binary poster, load photos, and use my maximum upload bandwidth posting to my ISP's news server, done in 10-15 minutes.
Wait 1 to 6 hours for the pictures to propagate around the worlds news servers and he could download all 256mb's of pictures, depending on his ISP's bandwidth in 10-15 minutes.
This totally confused my friend in WA and I don't think he ever saw the pictures.

But hey what do I know, I use a PC, I believe boakesey is using a Mac.
You know those Apple user's, they just like to "Crash Differently".
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
07-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24

I got most of them from the Superstock and Supersport - all the riders but not necessarily the change of machine.

If your still out of luck pm me and I'll type em in.

Regards

Sam
07-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

Threads: 65

PeterCourtney Wrote:BTW - can't you just change the memory card in your camera, and leave the full one downloading while you go out and about? ?

My USB cardreader worked fine with my old PC but won't work with the MacBook (OS.X Tiger). I'm trying to download driver software to solve this but in the meantime I'm having to plug in the camera direct to the lappy.
I've got 3 2GB cards and a couple of 1GB so that will last a full day (usually), but I still have to get them onto the computer. They upload fairly quicky on iPhoto, but I dislike the software and prefer to use the Canon "Camera Window DVC+" that is (supposedly dedicated to my (Canon) cameras (EOS and Powershot Pros, which all take CF cards). It's the Canon uploading software that takes for ever.....
Some of my images are uploaded to 3rd party servers, but I do this using FTP software and leave it running over night. but it doesn't take all that long, considering.

The time the Canon software takes IS annoying, however, but it does "talk" to photoshop whereas I've found there are compatability problems between iPhoto and photoshop, particulary wrt keywording and other metadata.

Sorry, this is getting technical - and probably boring to most of you, so I'll shut up.

Thanks for all the responses.

B.
....scone out to take photos!
07-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Find Reply