Last TT for Andy Fearn
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Last TT for Andy Fearn
Hi All,

Just thought I would mention that I heard a rumour that its the LAST TT for someone who has been there from the start to finnish in every race since I can remember.

It is the last year for Mr Fearn, who you will all know as the bloke in white who lets you go at the start and flags all the finnishers back. He loves the TT and think his White suit has become part of the TT scene and will be missed.

So just to say all the best Mr fearn and what ever you turn to have fun.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
06-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15

If that is true then I would like to say 'Thank you' to Andy for all the time he has spent on that start/finish line.

There is nothing more nerve wracking than him having his hand on you before you set off down Bray Hill, nor is there anything more welcoming than the sight of the chequered flag.
06-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

You're too young Dave - it used to be the late, lamented Bill Boak who performed those duties.

Gentleman, he was.

God, I'm getting old . . . . . . . . . Sad
06-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

[Image: oklik09.jpg]

Nah.........I'm not going to argue with that
06-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

Lol Lol Lol Lol
Oh my sides, nice one Foster.......................and where were you on Tuesday ???
Roll on ALAND 2009, Island Games Xlll.
Yahoo, I've achieved 3 guidelines for the Island Games & I'm selected ! May see you after at the S100 & Jurby Road.
07-06-2007, 07:08 AM
Website Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

......................at work until this pm - unfortunately!

[Image: breughel--The-Fall-of-the-M.jpg]
07-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

I remember Bill Boak now. Was a gent, even did the Manx International Rally with my old man in the 'chair'. Or Navigator as they like to called.

Had it confirmed that this year will be Andy's last and best wishes to him.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
08-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
Bill Boak
DCLUCIE Wrote:I remember Bill Boak now.

Just to say - before anyone else asks - I'm (sadly) not related to the late Bill Boak.

As far as I know, I've no relatives at all on the IoM - and very few anywhere else, for that matter.

My Uncle (Arthur Roberts) was in the RAF with Fron Purslow (rider in the 50s who later owned a dealership in Shrewsbury,) and George Gelling (part of the team who built the Peel P50 cars). He visited the island several times, but never lived here, I'm afraid, although I'm now trying to arrange a trip over here for him. He's in Canada these days.

Anyway, if you knew my uncle and want to get back in touch (or have any tales you can tell me about their exploits... ('Lol') ) then please let me know.

Off to Billown now - got to set off early in case of difficulties at Ballacraine customs.....
....scone out to take photos!
09-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Find Reply