FC
Unregistered

interesting iomsp
11-06-2007, 07:08 AM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

YES YES YES YES YES!!

Lets hope that this will mean a real step change for the Island.
I have to say that when I contacted the Chief Ministers office, they did SEEM to make all the right noises.
But we must keep up our pressure, too.

If you havent yet contacted an MHK, do so.

Also, it would seem a good time to contact the holding company.

This is as much for the Manx people as for us and the TT.

MV
11-06-2007, 08:19 AM
Website Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16

Sounds good to me. There is no competition at present (other than the airlines which are impractical for most at TT time). Until something happens everyone has absolutely no choice. The pressure must be kept up.
11-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Find Reply
blackbirdtwigg Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0

Isnt it incredible ! just when something in the way of positive action appears, The steam racket get their act together ! My crossing back was at 11.15 yesterday morning and it actually left 10 MINS EARLY ! no delays,no "technical faults" etc. I couldnt believe it ! now i know why !!
I DONT SPILL DIESEL !!
11-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I managed to get on the 05.00 ferry on Sunday morning back to Belfast I had been waiting on standby from about 11.30 Saturday night. I watched two other ferries leave for Ireland. When those ferries were full and there was no room for any standbys they announced the fact in a less than professional manner.

"there will be no standby passengers or vehicles on the 03.00 sailing to Larne................bye bye"

However and this is my point the 05.00 sailing was on the Stena Caladonian a ferry that normally runs between Belfast and Stranraer the staff on board were great and as we arrived in Belfast the capatin spoke on the tannoy............he thanked us for chosing to travel with Stena and hoped to have us travel with them again"

As it was we had no choice to travel with then but he was just doing his normal message to travellers and he used the word chosing because normally there is a choice of ferry company on the route he normally sails.

In using that one single word that capatin answers all the questions regarding the Steam Racket "choice" or in the case of the Steam Racket no choice.
Competition is good for business it is good for customers and in ths case it would be good for the IOM.
An the sooner there is some competion the better.
The Steam Packet have two vessels now as a company it should be split up now let them compete...............cream rises to the top
11-06-2007, 12:41 PM