Possible Class for TT 2008
irishago Offline

Threads: 18
Well how about a Twins Triples and Singles Class .I think it is one way to go all you had to do is look at Mark Millars results from TT 2007 on a European Twin. When you list the Manufacturers who produce Twins Triples and Singles their are quite a few . Ducati . Aprillia . Mondial . BMW . KTM . Triumph . Honda . Kawasaki . Yamaha . Suzuki . Buell . CCM . Voxan . Hyosung . they are the only ones i can remember at this time. As i said in an erlier post you could split them into to 2 classes.

Class one for Unlimited Twins up to 1450cc with Triples to 1000cc and Class 2 for Twins to 750cc with Triples to 675cc and 900cc Singles let them run after market Chassies and the like it would be like a prototype class or call it Extream Twins Triples and Singles just a thought for now..... cheers Irish Ago...
15-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Website Find Reply
irishago Offline

Heres a list of Manufacturers who make Twins Triples and Singles.
Aprilia. Benelli. Bimota. BMW. Britten. Buell. Cagiva. Ducati. Honda. Husaberg. Husqvarna. Jawa. Kawasaki. KTM. Laverda. Mondial. Moto Guzzi. Suzuki. Triumph. Yamaha. just a few how many would be interested in a Class at the TT why not ask them cheers Ago...
15-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
sagree
I totally agree with you Ago, but I can see a certain amount of opposition to the concept from the "big" manufacturers who might see a break in the monopoly, which has been the Jap way, not acceptable .

Plus how much more practice would we need..

Great suggestion though and perhaps we need to put this forward officially to test the water...What do you think Nick ???
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
15-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Website Find Reply
irishago Offline

Class for TT 2008
I dont think there would be any need for more practice as most of the Big Twins and Triples would be capable of lapping in excess of 107+ mph and thats qualifying time for Supersport and Superstocks so i think it would be very possible you could let Bikes run that are not holomagated for WSB or BSB so it would make for a very interesting race if it where to come to it..........cheers Irish Ago......
15-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Variety
This is a great idea that needs exploring further....
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
15-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Website Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141

sounds good, and the sounds would also be good!!
15-06-2007, 04:29 PM
Website Find Reply
Rocket Man Offline

Threads: 13
Re: Possible Class for TT 2008
irishago Wrote:Well how about a Twins Triples and Singles Class .I think it is one way to go all you had to do is look at Mark Millars results from TT 2007 on a European Twin. When you list the Manufacturers who produce Twins Triples and Singles their are quite a few . Ducati . Aprillia . Mondial . BMW . KTM . Triumph . Honda . Kawasaki . Yamaha . Suzuki . Buell . CCM . Voxan . Hyosung . they are the only ones i can remember at this time. As i said in an erlier post you could split them into to 2 classes.

Class one for Unlimited Twins up to 1450cc with Triples to 1000cc and Class 2 for Twins to 750cc with Triples to 675cc and 900cc Singles let them run after market Chassies and the like it would be like a prototype class or call it Extream Twins Triples and Singles just a thought for now..... cheers Irish Ago...

Great idea, but as i have stated on a previous thread, i would like to see a ten lap production race, 2 riders, 1 machine, as for me the 4 lap Superstock Race, is not really a challenge for the hi-tec modern machinery of today, but ask them to do 10 laps may ask a few questions on machine reliabilty.
15-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40
Re: sagree
ian huntly Wrote:I totally agree with you Ago, but I can see a certain amount of opposition to the concept from the "big" manufacturers who might see a break in the monopoly, which has been the Jap way, not acceptable .

Plus how much more practice would we need..

Great suggestion though and perhaps we need to put this forward officially to test the water...What do you think Nick ???

Already done Ian. I met with Paul Philips at the TT and one of the things we talked about was twins & triples. No promises of anything at this early stage but no doubt Paul will fill us in if and when the time comes.
15-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Website Find Reply