Sidecars, a beginers guide
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Sidecars, a beginers guide
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
17-06-2007, 04:34 AM
Find Reply
jasjas Offline

Threads: 12
Sidecars, a beginners guide
I've always thoroughly enjoyed watching sidecars so thanks for that, especially the details of the machines themselves. I enjoy watching them approaching Ballaugh Bridge, standing just in front of the Bridge, where they appear to brake later than the solos and when they do brake the front of the outfit really seems to squirm around on the road. It frightened the wits out of me the first time I watched there, thinking they had left it too late.
17-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15

Chicken,

Here is another scary fact for you.

It is 19 years since you first showed me what to do as a passenger :shock: and my dad still has a picture of Billy & Me on the old 350 at Ramsey.

Time flies when you are having fun huh?

I never knew there was so much to passengering :wink:
17-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Is it really all those years ago?

I remember the Ramsey races well lol

The shortest road circuit in the world. Was good times Fitzy, great times. I really really miss it. I would do anything to be fit again and back out there.

Makes me feel old though.....
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
17-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23

Quote:easily replaced by a bag of spuds

Was'nt it Chris Vincent in 1963 who said a passenger was an unnessasary burden. And I believe he was serious.
18-06-2007, 08:11 AM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Of course Chris was serious!
That was very much is style.
But I am sure we have all seen the odd incident on short circuits where pasengers have fallen out!
Chris was one hell of a driver but.....
Mind you, there WERE some devices that raced legally in chairs and didnt need balast.
Remember the Skitsu and Owen Greenwoods mini?

MV
18-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Website Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

I can remember an incident I watched, Malcom Fargher and his brother Paul, both sadly no longer with us, but Malc left the holding area with Paul still chatting to his mates, Paul walked up to the start line and Malc went all of the way round the Southern not knowing he wasn't there.

The look on Malcs face was a picture when he arrived and Paul was stood there waiting for him.

I am sure there are many many stories about drivers leaving without their passengers, But Malcs and Pauls has always stuck with me.
18-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Find Reply