MGP medal
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
MGP medal
Hi All,

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel a little ashamed if someone has to do this to get their bike or something else off the ground.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Manx-Grand-Prix-Fi...dZViewItem

or maybe I am just nieve. Does this happen often and I guess its not just MGP stuff. It's pretty sad.

I treasure the one or two things I have left. After I was forced to stop racing I didn't take it that well and threw all I had in a few boxes and dumped the lot.

I have never regreted anything so much in the whole of my life, as I have now nothing to show for the years I enjoyed so so so much, and it was an honour to be apart of the racing community during the best part of my life. Even though it was only a very small part.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
24-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I'd never sell mine.

And no one would pay me what they cost :wink:
25-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

DON'T TAKE IT SO SERIOUSLY, IT'S JUST SOMEONES WORTHLESS 'TAT' THAT THEY WAN'T TO GET SHUT OF.

WE HAD HIS DISCUSSION ON HERE BEFORE ABOUT REPLICAS, NICE WHEN YOU WIN A FEW IN A WEEK, THEN WHEN YOU STOP RACING YOU GET SICK OF THE SIGHT OF THEM AND GET RID.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
25-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

And I though I was a cynic :wink:
25-06-2007, 10:54 AM
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

I am a cynic, as well as a curmudgeon.

I have no replicas, but I have 4 Manx Grand Prix Finishers medals, and 3 TT Finishers awards.

7 in all, and six of them for 6-lappers.

I would never sell or otherwise dispose of any one of them.

Sorry Tom - worthless tat they may be, but they represent my life's wish and achievement.

Memories stay with me, and are still enjoyed.

Smile
25-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14

Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
25-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Website Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
26-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

[Image: hitchcock5.jpg]

Keep them fed, Tom.
26-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

Aren't the medals engraved with the names of the person who won them or is it just the race they were won in?

Just thinking it would be good if we could get it back to the person, that is of course as long as it wasn't Tom....... or maybe it would be fun if it was, love to see his face whe he sees its something he was trying to ged rid of lol
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
26-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Sadly if you want your name on your finishers award you'd have to do it yourself.

If you get a rep it comes with a little plate with your race, name and speed on it for you to stick on the rep
26-06-2007, 07:01 PM