an afternoon with shaun.
ade! Offline

Threads: 30
an afternoon with shaun.
thought i'd post this on here as well, as shaun has a lot of fans here.
met shaun this afternoon for the first time, along with his lovely wife fiona and their little girl. all i can say is - what a character that bloke is. enjoyed every minute of straight talking, no bullshine company. but boy shaun, can you gab? Big Grin pleasure to meet and would do it again any day. me and the yoof spent well over an hour with him, talking bikes and racing and bikes and racing, i don't think i've ever listened to a bloke with such passion. he'd like to thank everybody that's texted him, sent him cards or visited him, and he meant that from the bottom of his heart. sad to say that shaun says he's now retired, done, finished. i asked him if i could quote him on that and he agreed without hesitation. he was going to do the christmas races in nz, but reckons there's no point. he's been there, done it, nothing to prove and he wants to spend time with fiona and watch his little girl grow up. can't fault you mate. get well soon. if we can't see you out racing, then let's at least see you in another hat, maybe race team manager? well worth the 200 mile round trip. hope the food improves for him though.
ade!
ps, can't mention the noise coming from the next bed or garry will be in hysterics again Tongue Tongue Tongue
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
05-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58

Thanks Ade just what we all looked forward to hearing ! 8)

I`m sure its his lets say ? no "nonsense attitude" thats pulled him through to be honest and possibly a little help from all the people that have kept him in their thoughts over the last few weeks Big Grin

B***** great news,
thanks

Stella
05-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Find Reply
shuffler Offline

Threads: 0

Brilliant news ade.
shuffler
05-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Find Reply
Noddy Offline

Threads: 7

Fair play to ya for travelling over to see him - now go spark up that ceegar....... (outside of course!)

Honestly great news for Shaun and his Family and his many fans worldwide
http://www.twostrokeracingsupportersclub.com helping to keep pure racing bikes on the roads....have you joined us?
05-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Find Reply
veefour Offline

Threads: 16

Thanks for sharing the great news with us ade.
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
05-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tkanks Ade for Shaun's progress now then head for Skerries and have one on me?
05-07-2007, 06:05 PM
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

sorry pykey, not going. next race is aberdare end of this month, the ulster bike week in august, then remortgage my house for gold cup weekend :roll:
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
06-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Find Reply