Seeking S100 Mon practice news
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46
Seeking S100 Mon practice news
Hi All, Any news from this evenings practice at the S100 gratefully received. alf
09-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Website Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

hi alf, you can listen to them live on manx radio, but too late now. results should be up very soon somewhere.
http://www.southern100.com/home.htm
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
09-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Find Reply
alf885 Offline

Thanks for the link, I'll check tomorrow. Am I right in thinking it is FM coverage only? Shame because I can usually get good reception on AM from home! alf
09-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Website Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

from the s100 site:
Last night's (Monday) Southern 100 practice session went ahead, despite the damp and slippery conditions on the Billown course.

Guy Martin was 6.5 seconds quicker than anyone else on the Superbike in session one, and he led the way again in session two with a lap of 2 minutes and 24 seconds.

The Hydrex Honda rider was the best of the 600's in session one, just slightly ahead of Tim Poole, who later topped the second session.

Poole continued his good run in the combined 400/125cc class, while Castletown's Chris Palmer was the best on a 125cc.

Palmer also had a good run on his 250cc- in session one he was just pipped by William Dunlop, but was back to the top of the pile in session two.

Nick Crowe and Dan Sayle blitzed the opposition in the Sidecar practice, an amazing 8 seconds clear of the second crew of Roy Hanks and Dave Wells.

Roads will close again at five past six this evening for another practice session followed by the Senior Solo Founders race at ten past eight followed by the 250cc race.

There will be live coverage on the 'Back Page' from six o'clock and on 100.6FM around the course.

cheers, ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
10-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Find Reply
alf885 Offline

Thanks for the update and link. alf
10-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

The reason it was initially on FM was because it is a Tynwald day and proceedings are broadcast live on AM. Later in the session it was on both. Not too sure about tomorrow... check http://www.manxradio.com
11-07-2007, 01:35 AM
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390

Tuesday Evening Update.

Due to an incident during the opening race of the 2007 Southern 100 Road Races, the event was red flagged.

The race was declared at the end of the three laps.

Whilst the competitor involved, was taken to Nobles Hospital with suspected leg injuries, they were not thought to be life threatening.

The Incident resulted in a large amount of debris being left on the course; the second race of the evening was cancelled.

(taken from the S100 website)
11-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Website Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

I watched (nearly) all the action tonight at Ballabeg Hairpin. I don't often go there but decided to (premonition/second sight, Don?) for a change of scene.

At least 6 bikes packed up there including 2 Classics on the blind exit.
A sidecar outfit (Kelly & Gale?) slid spectacularly into the bales by the bus stop on the approach, throwing both occupants out. Both winded, shaken, bruised, but OK.

A heron landed in the middle of the road on the blind exit - and was chased off by marshals ( my suggestion that it was Tom Herron did not impress anyone). 20 minutes later, the same heron landed on the same spot. Plucky marshal chases and catches heron and puts it in the portaloo for the remainder of the racing (he released it unharmed afterwards). Throughout his career as a lootenant, Mr Heron was positioned right beside a very loud PA system that was blasting out Manx Radio commentary, later followed by the Folk Programme. I wonder what his impression is of the human race following last night's experience?

A Toilet crisis was averted when a neighbouring householder volunteered their toilet for emergencies.

As the first race started, so did the rain. I remarked to the chap beside me that it could get a bit dodgy if they've chosen slicks. Prophetic!
Tim Poole high-sided on exit, did a spectacularly gymnastic roll and jumped into a driveway to safety. Ian Lougher high-sided even more spectacularly on exit, flew up in the air and landed very heavily. He spent a long time being looked after but eventually was OK and joking with other stopped riders after the race was red-flagged.

The marshalling and flagging was all extremely efficient. The red flag, and subsequent end of the evening's racing was because of a big off after Stadium Corner. A rider was helicoptered (with suspected leg injuries?), but the bike on fire and aftermath to clear up probably caused end of racing for the day.

Isn't it quiet at Gorse Lea, by comparison?

[Image: heron4.jpg]
11-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Find Reply
Noddy Offline

Threads: 7

Mr Foster's the new Bill Oddie?...Wildlife on Manx!!! :roll:
http://www.twostrokeracingsupportersclub.com helping to keep pure racing bikes on the roads....have you joined us?
11-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Find Reply
alf885 Offline

Thanks for the updates and a great report. I stood at Ballabeg last year on the Wed evening, no racing if you remember, too slippery and definitely no (H)herons of the feathered or any other kind. See you all Thursday. alf
11-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Website Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

not the first time a bird has spent loads of time in the bathroom.....

Reminds me of that joke about the quiz question, when asked name a bird with a long neck, the person replied Naomi Campbell.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
11-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390

Click on the Link below to read all the Race Results from The Southern 100.

Results
12-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Website Find Reply