Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39
Southern 100 Feedback
16-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

Can I ask a quick question.

If this is a feedback form as part of your role for the IOM Government and Deartment of Tourism do you really think you should be using the Real Road Racig site? Surely this is in breach of the Governments security policy on information.

Also the only thing you have control over for the Southern is maybe the Government support. So what do you want to achieve by this?
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
18-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Exactly the S100 is ok as it is without the TT people poking there noses in anyone else this posting would be shredded but who am i to remark only a road race fan?
19-07-2007, 08:00 AM
beepee Offline

Threads: 23

One thing the government can do to improve the S100 is to do some surface dressing between Ballabeg and Crossfourways.That shiny tar is a real sphincter clencher.
19-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

Come on Beepee - it is a road race :!:

:wink:
19-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

HAS THE SOUTHERN NOT BEEN VOTED THE BEST AND EVERYONES FAVOURITE ROAD RACE ?

FROM MY EXPERIENCE OF RACING THEIR IT WAS THE GREATEST AND MOST ENJOYABLE EVENT OF THE YEAR, AND THOSE BOYS KNEW HOW TO KEEP EVERYONE SWEET AND HAPPY, PUNTERS AND JOCKEYS ALIKE.

ALWAYS WELL SUPPORTED BY THE GREAYEST ROAD RACERS IN THE WORLD WITHOUT ANY BIG MONEY AND THE BULLPATS AND OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE, LEAVE THAT CREW TO DO WHAT THEY DO BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE, RUNNING A ROAD RACE.

NEVER EVER HEARD A WINGE ABOUT IT FROM ANYONE. IF IT AINT BROKE DON;T FIX IT.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
19-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Find Reply
beepee Offline

If was is bad enough to scare Guy Martin,I don't feel so bad appearing a woss.
19-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Please leave it alone

MV
20-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I can't see your problem, guys. If you think it's fine, that's what you say in your feedback. If you have a bright idea for improvement, this is your chance to tell them. They want to know. You all agree the Southern committee are the best race organisers and they have asked Paul to conduct this research... take part.

Paul is not, in fact, the devil incarnate, but is trying to do his job, promoting road racing (and other motor sports) on the Isle of Man. If you are against that in principle, fine, but I think you are all actually keen to do the same, so speak up now, or hold your peace.

http://69.10.148.57/southern_100_feedback.htm
20-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Paul Phillips Offline

20-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

Interestingly, the Survey form seems to be aimed at "civilians" (sorry, spectators!) rather than at competitors.

Was this deliberate, Paul?

:?
20-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Yes. I spent a day last week carrying out face to face interviews with a cross section of competitors and officials on various subjects.

Paul
20-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your answers. I will be looking into the committee part.

If what you say is true that you will not be 'interfearing', couldn't find a better word sorry, then I guess this can only help us try to provide a better race programm in the future. As for getting it moved to a weekend, I think that this would be a no go as it would interfeer with too many other races both in Ireland and also here.

Hope it all goes well.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
20-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

It's happened again, Paul. You just try to help and you get caught in the "friendly fire."

[Image: Friendly-Fire.jpg]
20-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Find Reply
mikec Offline

Threads: 6

Hi all,
This is not a go at anybody :wink:

The Southern 100 meeting,
Its got to be the best meeting going , great people running the show & great racing,
Why all of a sudden has the goverment dept, that fianances it got invovled with a survey,
From what Paul says it was at the asking from the S100 comm,
Are the S100 Comm, being held to ransom? Its just a question, but why after all these years?

"There are no immediate plans to change anything specifically at the minute, and any decisions to do so would only be able to be made by the Southern 100 MCC."
This paragraph from Paul makes me wonder,
If you dont play Ball with us, we might not be able to afford to grant you the finance that you need?
The club could be put into a corner by having to agree to terms that they dont like, IE change of dates when its run, etc

This is the club that bends over backwards for everyone, not just the racers,
Who put on a Race meeting to cover up the shortfall in ferries leaving the island? which was at short notice, They just got on with it,
Who this year changed all there Classic race dates to make sure that the 100 years event at St Johns got a full house!

I know that a lot of people say that things have to move forward, But when it isnt broke dont try to fix it,,

Just leave at least one meeting on the island alone,

& after attending lots of there AGM,S over the years, i would love to be there for the next one if there are to be major changes discussed,

Just my thoughts for what they are worth, & for a friday afternoon quite calm,, Lol & chances are nobody gives a sh-t Lol But when you are a nobody who does,, Lol

Good pic John, But dont forget Paul is paid to do the job!!
If you dont like the heat then get out of the fire!!

All the best
Mike
20-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Well, Mike, in that case fill out the form saying all this... if enough people say it's great, then that's the feedback , isn't it?
On the other point, just because someone is paid to do a job, that does not entitle people to abuse them. Constructive criticism ok, but personal slagging... don't go there.
20-07-2007, 03:03 PM
mikec Offline

Threads: 6

Helen
"Constructive criticism ok, but personal slagging... don't go there"
I thought i stated at the top off my post,
That it wasnt a pop at anybody,
What ever happened to some sort of debate going on here with out having to wear kid gloves? all the time

All i posted was a reply to what had already been posted & highlighted a comment made by Paul
& also commented on the pic from John,

We really do have to lighten up a bit on here,

Is that a yellow card or a Red one ?

Regards Mike
20-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

mikec Wrote:Hi all,
Are the S100 Comm, being held to ransom? Its just a question, but why after all these years?

The key part for you to consider there Mike is this.

"The Southern 100 MCC want to start being expansive with their marshalling, their safety improvements and their event infrastructure, and this will all cost money."

To achive that they need money and as everyknow knows it doesn't grow on trees (unfortunately) and often it isn't readily availible.

But seeing as you clearly understand the ecenomics of motorsport on the Isle of Man better than most, I am sure you can tell me where I am going wrong as per usual!

Paul
20-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Find Reply
beepee Offline

Am I mistaken or not in thinking PP is gathering evidence in order to put a business plan forward to his superiors in terms of getting additional funding for the S100,theres nothing wrong with that if that'as what the club want.

I heard that the ACU steward,Paul King, was rather critical of some aspects of the recent meeting,maybe this has prompted the club to look for more money.

I don't understand what getting 'expansive' with marshalling means,I thought the course was exceptionally well marshalled with all corners being well covered and the main access corners having fully crewed ambulances and a helicopter at Iron Gate along with 3 TM's and a course car carrying a doctor.
20-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Find Reply
tripod Offline

Threads: 0

I filled in the questionnaire during the S100 whilst sat outside the hut one morning eating my daily bacon and sausage bap.
It is biased towards spectators because the department of tourism needs to see that the money they are putting in to an event actually brings tourists into the island. It is obvious that a government department must justify their expenditure.
As for moving the meeting to a weekend that is a no no because due to lack of time the first thing that would happen is that I would lose one of my sidecar races and I would not travel over for just one race.
The meeting is good as it is, no more resurfacing needed, the one thing that would make it better is if the Steam Packet employed people in their reservations department that actually knew what they were doing. Lol
21-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Find Reply