Very sad news from Mallory Park
thewitch
Unregistered

Very sad news from Mallory Park
Young Ollie Bridewell lost his life this morning in an accident during free practice for the BSB.

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/display...cident.php
20-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15

Dreadful news and after ring so well at Oulton last week in similarly rubbish conditions.
20-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Find Reply
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46

So sad, I saw young Ollie riding for the first time last weekend at Oulton. My thoughts are with his family and friends. alf
20-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Website Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58

Yes as i posted earlier today on BSB forum.

Simply, shocked, stunned and lost for words.

Will miss that friendly smile and the banter that he had with Fred, just like last weekend over the commentary at Oulton Park.

One of the most approchable young racers that had time and a smile for everyone.

Heartbreaking.

Stella
20-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

Very sad another star of our future lost.

Every day I feel so blessed my Mum survived her terrible accident.

Thinking of Ollie's family & friends.
Roll on ALAND 2009, Island Games Xlll.
Yahoo, I've achieved 3 guidelines for the Island Games & I'm selected ! May see you after at the S100 & Jurby Road.
20-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
ollie
I also would like to register my sorrow and dismay at the loss of a real nice guy, Ollie Bridewell, whose talent was obvious for all to see.

Our thoughts are with his brother Tommy who we hope will continue and also with Ollies family who produced a pair of lads with real future ahead of them.

Poor Marcus, who was in pitlane, must be agonising over the fact that both brothers were emerging as top riders in such a very short time. Tommy must go on in memory of his brother.......

However, should we re-examine allowing practice and racing in such wet conditions ??
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
21-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Website Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

or should we not get rid of the THREE chicanes there are now at mallory?
chicane one on the exit of gerrards. i've only seen one dafter and more nonsensical chicane and that was the one at dundrod. thankfully it went. chicane two, three quarters up the stebbe straight, leading into the esses. fill one of those poxy fish ponds in and pull the run off area back. chicane three. the bus stop. the name says it all. instead of coming from the hairpin to devil's elbow flat out in fourth or fifth upright, you are now into it flat out in third or fourth after a ninety degree bend and heading straight for the tyre wall. sorry roger marshall and mick boddice, but you got it wrong, chicanes cause more accidents than they prevent. from a great circuit nay, at one time a world class circuit, to a go-kart track. r i p ollie and mallory. i hope you're reading this mr overend?
ade! waxing lyrical.
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
22-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Find Reply