Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important Spectator Information
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39
Important Spectator Information
Motorsport can be dangerous, and the Manx Motor Cycle Club are concerned for the well-being of all competitors, marshals and spectators around the TT course and continually review the safety arrangements. As part of this ongoing review a number of new prohibited areas have been created for the 2007 Manx Grand Prix and some existing prohibited areas have been extended. These are clearly marked around the course and if people go into these areas it could cause a practice or race to be stopped.

One of these new areas is at Ballaspur, which is between Ballacraine and Ballig Bridge. Additional signage is to be provided at Tynwald Woollen Mills and the approach roads to notify people before they trek up only to be turned back, but it would be a big help if you could let any of your friends who normally spectate in this area know that this is no longer allowed.

Advice on suggested spectating areas can be found at http://www.iommgp.com/news/411-mgp_2007_...nformation
22-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Threads: 27

Hi Paul know this is probably not your doing but it seems to me that there are going to be no vantage points soon , looking at some of the prohibited areas would say over time will be the death of the TT .
Have watched at Ballaspur on many occasions alas it seems no more .
Also why is the car park at Kirk Micheal Village prohibited is this the same & are these restrictions going to be permanent . Thanks Shaun
22-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok Paul what the hell is going on Ballacrye out of bounds even to press?
24-08-2007, 09:03 PM
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

We've all seen pics/film from the head-on position at Ballacrye, Pykey.

Some demon tank-slappers - I've had a few myself in the past.

I suspect that the official thinking is that one of these, if out of control, could run along, through, or over the hedge, on either side of the road.

Seems reasonable.

I do not think that you should be asking PP about this. I doubt that he plays any part in establishing Prohibited Areas, and indeed I would hope that he doesn't - I don't reckon him to be so qualified.

Mind you, from what I hear about Eddie Nelson's plans at the 26th, I don't reckon his ability either!!

:roll:
24-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

Larry is right Pykey - don't shoot the messenger!

Paul
28-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Find Reply