Thanks
cargo
Unregistered

Thanks
I can't thank Malcolm enough for the help he gave me at the Manx. What he did made the whole fortnight for me and I will be eternally grateful.
I'm only sorry I couldn't find the time to visit the "poo plant" but that will keep for another day.

Another star was Jill Foster (John's wife) once again she produced a spread fit for a king. The kindness and hospitality shown to Sandy me and the boys was wonderful and as ever the good company made for a perfect day. How JF stays so trim looking amazes me.

I did a small favour for DSM Berrie and was delighted to recieve a wonderful choclate cake in return Thanks Mrs DSM Berrie.

For moral support I must thank LarryD, Helen, MV, Don Simons, Elizabeth and Harry, Tom Loughridge. Gail, Hilary and John Muson, Ben the Plumber and his mum, dad, sister and Roo, Nigel. And I'm sure I've forgotten someone so thank you too

More than once I was able to help a fellow competitor and I too recieved help as well For me that is one of the things that make the Manx special.

For all the marshals who signed on thank you especially all the first timers come back next year we need you. I personally marched two guys to the marshalls office and got them signed on.........later after the race they were very glad to have done so and will again.

A thank you for Jules Ray and his wife we had a laugh and they supplied two great kids who helped my two enjoy paddock life. We'll see you next year mate

I was disapointed with my performance in the Junior. My head was just not right I know I can go faster than that. Having said that I have made my mind up not to ride a 600 next year. I will have "something else" I hope.
The Ultralightweight race was ruined for me by the weather I rode the wheels off the bike from the start to Guthries only to find fog rain and very slippery roads. Still I finished 27th ( I think) so that makes it my best ever result ?? I also had to ride my "slow" 400 as the good one didn't really ever run well all fortnight.

And so to next year.......... I have enough meetings done for the course licence so I'll be there again.

Finally I need to thank Sandy for all her patience she is a rock and never forgets to keep me supplied with coffee and every other need outside of actually fixing the bikes. If she wanted she could say no and my racing would be finished but she doesn't. She helps make the sacrifices that allow me to race.

Only 50 weeks to go.............can't wait
02-09-2007, 09:23 PM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Cargo.

Thank you for YOUR thanks!
I have to say I took a closer interest in the "Manx" than ever before.
I am pleased that you had a safe and relatively successful meeting.

Finally, as you look at the folk who kindly helped and suported you, think on this.
I firmly believe that we get the friendship, kindness and support that we earn/deserve.
This was never more clearly than in your case, my man.
Through your own special attitude to people around you, you make a difference in the world.
I have experienced this personally.

Good effort in the racing.
Keep it up, while you can!

MV
03-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Website Find Reply
gary the nurse Offline

Threads: 18

and cargo-thank you for your funny and informative answers at the marshals supper riders forum-it were a highlight of the evening
03-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390

Cargo, you are more than welcome mate, and only too pleased to be able to do something for you, as you too have helped me out over the year. I firmly believe that what goes around comes around.

Now, about next year, you, Larry and I have to get together to put a plan of action together, and we will do that over the winter months. From my side, I am already making moves on what I want to achieve next year, and fingers crossed, we will get you that replica that you have been chasing for far too long.

I hope that you and your family had a great time here this year, and let's hope that it will be even better next year for you.

Malcolm
03-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I hope Speedy interviewed you, Cargo, as he circulated on his "wheelchair" with his "video camera and microphone". He emphasised that riders should express their appreciation for sponsors, without whom racing would have died long ago.
(For those who did not see him... the chair is a quad, as he is still not fully mobile following his rapid exit from last year's manx... the video was a cardboard box and the mike... well... you get the picture... many leading riders were interviewed and I wish Greenlight had the same technique... och, I suppose you had to be there!)
03-09-2007, 10:08 AM
cargo
Unregistered

Gary the marshals supper is the second most important social event of the Manx after Brunch with J&JF. I wouldn't miss it even after nearly 36 hours withour sleep..........long story

I gave Speedy an interview and managed to thank my sponsors but I can't understand why it's not appeared on you tube yet...........was the camera broken ??

Malcolm next time your across here I'm sure Larry and I can be available to meet up. Failing that I get the old curmudgen on a flight with our German friends and we'll come to you.

One thing is for certain I WILL be back at the Manx next year.
03-09-2007, 05:58 PM
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

Not a problem :!: :!:
04-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Find Reply