Sad news
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
Sad news
Just received a message that the bikesport artist Rod Organ has passed away. His prints adorn many an enthusiasts hall or living room.
The family would like as many bikers to attand the funeral, and when I have details of time and location I will post them here.
Do not confuse this Rod Organ with the guy who rode a Vincent in the Clubman's like I did many years ago!
04-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Website Find Reply
Noddy Offline

Threads: 7

I've a lovely Rod Organ print of Joey on the back wheel coming out of Rhencullen proudly displayed in my sitting room
http://www.twostrokeracingsupportersclub.com helping to keep pure racing bikes on the roads....have you joined us?
04-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Sad indeed!

I have no less than 4 of Rods painting in my living room.
"Flying six" Hailwood going over Ballaugh on the Honda Six.
"No ordinary Joe" Joey going into Quarry bends.
"Classic Paddock" a kid of stylised picture of Brands with Mike, Bill and Phil arounf a Yamaha. This also contains a pic of Rod himself, and his then girlfriend.
Finally, "Flying Scot" The great Bob Mac at the bottom of Bray on the Gilera.

I collected the Joey one from Rods home in Fawley and we had a good chat about his pics, especially "Classic Paddock"

He was full of enthusiasm and, I believe, had a fair riding record himself. Think he raced over the mountain, and I KNOW he did some hairy stuff across country, soemwhere abroad.

Thanks for all the pleasue Rod and RIP.

MV
04-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I am so sorry to hear this. I knew and liked Rod. I have many of his prints, and am just about to buy another. I meant to go and see him at St Johns this TT but never found the time. Another lesson... MAKE the time for friends. Rod, I will miss you.
04-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Bill Snelling Offline

Funeral details
The funeral for Rod Organ is next Tuesday 11th September at Southampton Crem. East Chapel. at 10.20am. and it has been requested by the family that Donations in lieu of flowers to be sent to TT Riders Association c/o Mrs Frances Thorp Secretary. Mountain View.Glen Maye.Isle of Man IM5 3BJ
05-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Website Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

Further details of the funeral arrangements. it is being organised as a bikers funeral, with a Hyabusa hearse and will leave the Forest Home public house car park, Hardley, Southampton, SO45 3NN at 9.15 am Tuesday 11th Sept.
All are welcome, and bikers are being encouraged to attend.
05-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
sad
Oh what sad news, I too have a number of pics by Rod and was pleased to watch him put a picture together from scratch.

In this day of computers it is all the more sad that someone with such a talent will be replaced with computer generated pictures.

A sad day indeed.
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
06-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Yes, I watched him, over the course of a weekend bike show put together the background, and begin filling in the rider.. it was fascinating to watch. He was a lovely man.
06-09-2007, 09:13 AM