Future of the TT Races 1957
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46
Future of the TT Races 1957
Hi, Today during my lunch hour I found the 1957 TT Review edition of The Motor Cycle in a 2nd hand book shop. A letter to the editor from "Con Rodd" discussed the future of the TT and of course offered a few recommendations. Could it have been written today I wonder? It's as if nothing has changed. See what you think. Save a copy and zoom in if your eyes are like mine. If that doesn't work the main points are;

* 100mph lap has been achieved, spectators will now lose interest. The IOM authorities will lose interest if the spectators stop going.

* The Italians won't continue to spend money to beat each other.

* Return to the original TT ideal of racing production machines, lights and all. (The writer anticipates some reaction to this suggestion and expects the well known funny men will ask should the machines carry panniers and tents!)

* A Le Mans/Thruxton 9 Hour style race would have greater spectator appeal.

* Electrics are the vunerable part of a motorcycle and a TT model should
finish with all equipment working or face disqualification.

alf[Image: 1453313431_aedb8b7ee5.jpg]
28-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Website Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good posting Alf but they tried a 10 lap production race guess what i did sat in the Villa Marina g'dns bored stiff? only my opinion but no disrpect to those who raced i must get the programe out for that year in fact i think JG my hero won 1 of the classes his 1st TT win and shared the bike with Charlie, please correct me if i am wrong.
28-09-2007, 09:14 PM