Ebay
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ebay
Beware dont open any emails from Ebay as someone sent one to me and it wasnt from them at all? allways open Ebay from the main page and use the link MY EBAY.
10-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Chris Maybury Offline

Threads: 1

I had one a few months ago, advising me that my "membership" was about to expire.

The official looking site asked me for my latest credit card details and PIN

I knew when to delete the scam message.
***A Balanced Meal is a FULL PINT in Each Hand***
10-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23

I recently got an official looking e'mail from a scammer saying my E.Bay account had been closed and inviting me to click on a link just deleted it as it was a scammer trying to get details of my account.
I get similar from reputed PayPal also,even got one this am but just delete them
10-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

TOP TIP

IF you have a Paypal account and they contact you by email it will always call you by your full name as registered with Paypal.

Any email that calls you by "dear valued customer" or "dear customer" or any other such vauge greeting then it IS a scammer

NO bank or any other seller or building society or in fact NO ONE
at all needs to know your PIN number there are no circumstances whatsoever that you need to give your PIN number to anyone
10-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Cargo there are some gangsters everywere?
10-10-2007, 07:31 PM
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
banks
If anyone gets an e-mail purporting to be from a Bank, it is best to print it off and take it in or send it to your bank....I did and they were shocked at the way these spammers are using logos and other bank layouts.

They are VERY keen to see what is going on on the internet.
They state quite emphatically that they DO NOT send individuals e-mails but contact customers by official letter or by phone rarely.

The internet is getting like the old CB Radio, all the fools who abuse it now far exceed those of us who use it properly....

After being on holiday, during which my wife banned me from using a PC abroad, I returned home to e-mails totalling 1.853 the huge majority selling items related to sex, investment and also from strange foreign gentlemen and women who offered me millions of Euros to let them put money in my bank !! "Vot are your details pliz ?"

I think I had 24 proper e-mails and I run all the good antispammers and the like.. The dross STILL get through.............
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
11-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Website Find Reply