Stanley Woods
Waldovision Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Stanley Woods
I am researching a documentary film on the life of Stanley Woods to be shown RTE next year. Our Film Company is called WALDOVISION LTD and recently we made the 5 part documentary shown on BBC 1 NI called " Charge of the Bike Brigade"
Stanley's family have made available to us all his personal photographs, cine film & memorabilia.There is for example extensive cine film on his win in the 1939 TT
I am looking for any personal stories or other relevant material to include in this documentary. Did you see him race? (for the older riders) Please let me know what you have and can share.
04-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

You need to speak to Davy Crawford.............

You got his number Larry :?:
04-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Waldovision Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Stanley Woods
yes, thanks
04-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Find Reply
crazy blanket Offline

Threads: 41

A chap called Alistair Spence now works with me. Around 15 years ago when Alistair was working for the BBC as a programme/documentary director, he made a one hour film called "Stanley Woods - The Movie"

I have a copy of this film and have passed around some copies to like minded fans of Stanley and the TT in general...they all, along with myself, rate this film highly...some comparing it, in its delivery, to V4 Victory. Willis Marshall ranks it as one of the best documentaries he's seen...

pm me and I'll get you a copy

cheers

John
10-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Find Reply
Kev from RRS.Com Offline

Threads: 19

I can vouch for what John says above :wink: I recieved one of those DVD's, and the content is great Smile

Kev
Those that do don't, and those that don't, do
http://www.roadracingsupporters.com
10-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Website Find Reply