FAO Shaun Harris
thewitch
Unregistered

FAO Shaun Harris
Shaun, I am going to watch the Wanganui races on live streaming on Christmas night (Boxing Day with you). Will you be there with Andrew Stroud? Can you tell us a bit about the Cemetary track and races?
Also what do you think about the new Hampton Downs track? It looks very ambitious.
16-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48

Hi Ya, I will reply to this in depth a little later on Helen!
16-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Find Reply
Harvey T Offline

Threads: 16

Let the dug see the rabbit.
17-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

17-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

Re: FAO Shaun Harris
thewitch Wrote:Shaun, I am going to watch the Wanganui races on live streaming on Christmas night (Boxing Day with you). Will you be there with Andrew Stroud? Can you tell us a bit about the Cemetary track and races?
Also what do you think about the new Hampton Downs track? It looks very ambitious.

Wanganui was always my favorite race track on earth ( Untill the TT ) I started going there when I was 3 years old with my dad who is from that town, and was instantly bitten by the bike BUG-- over the years it turned into what was known as the Marlboro series, with riders like a 15 year old Randy Mamola, and lots of other very talented internatiol riders coming for it, it was better than SEX untill I tried that :roll:

I remember SEAMUS GREENE saying to me out here one year, that after he had watched NZ riders racing on road tracks, he could not believe how smooth 95% of the riders are on the roads out here, he thought the boys from over that way would have a very hard time doing well against us out here, thanks for that Seamus! of course, Bruce Anstey was a star around that track as well in his day in New Zealand, Robert Holden ownwd the place in his day, very rear for him to get beet!!!

I have been given the honour by Suzuki New Zealand and Andrew Stroud to build the bike that he will race there this year, it is a different bike than the one he will be chasing the New Zealand SB champs on, which is normally built by a racer/tuner ( Like Guy Martin ) called Ray Clee, RCM Ray Clee Motors in Auckland New Zealand, a brilliant engine man!!!!

My company, Moto-Dynamix Ltd is gratefull to what Suzuki and Andrew has done for me, by asking me to build this bike, it is going to really help pick up my buisness profile again, which has slowed drastically lately due to a wee mechanical fault at the TT this year and me not be able to keep working for a wee while now.

So I will be there on the day, but only for a brief period to watch Andrew do a few laps on the baby I built, then I will be out of there, as I find it really hard to be at a race track and not be racing myself, so look out for the Moto-Dynamix Logo on the Winning Bike ( I hope for him )

It is actually a K7 GSXR 750 that I have built, not a lot of motor work, port, squish, cam timing, power commader, really is all that is needed, I have built the forks and fitted a modified White Power Rear shock to my own internal specifications.

Wanganui is a place you need to ride fast, not have a fast bike that you cannot race hard, so the above parties trusted my choice, and allowed me to build the 750, I would love to race a full Superbike Spec GSXR 750 myself at the TT in SB, I also think it would be the real poo around there as well, ie, rideable, not wheeling every where and being a pussie with rolling the thottle on,. but i suppsoe all the top teams use throttle control electrice these days any way, but I like the old way of rider control, not electric control.

The race meeting has unfortunately changed big time in last 3 years , as the old race boss a women Barbara Lett quit, and since then it is not as brilliant as it was, the new people thought changes were neeeded and invited a bunch of chook chasers to race there ie, Supermotard bikes) which in my mind are a joke, if you want to road race, get a bloody bike.
17-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Just to let you see how fabulous the work of Toby Branfoot is... here's a wee workout by Shaun:

http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1540142088

Love those pixie boots, Shaun!

:wink:
18-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

thewitch Wrote:Just to let you see how fabulous the work of Toby Branfoot is... here's a wee workout by Shaun:

http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1540142088

Love those pixie boots, Shaun!

:wink:

Booooger, cannot get it to load

But Toby Branfoot, is the Joey Dunlop of the Doctors world to me now, love Ya Toby and thankyou very much
18-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Keep trying. It's very slow when it's busy. You will get a great laugh!
18-12-2007, 11:43 PM