Part 1 http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_4L1fHkJaD...re=related

Part 2 http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gTTfvKowbf...re=related
Those that do don't, and those that don't, do
http://www.roadracingsupporters.com
20-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Website Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147

For those with a nostalgic bent (?), there is now a DVD available of the 1952 Senior TT - the one where Reg Armstrong's primary chain lets go as he approached the finishing line.
It is available from 'short portly' at: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1952-Senior-TT-Isl...dZViewItem
20-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Website Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16

Brilliant, thanks, Kev. Spotted Harry Hinton from Australia, too.
20-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Find Reply
arzed Offline

Threads: 9

That's excellent, thanks Kev. Does anyone know the visitor/viewer figures each year for that period? There always seems to be so many more on the banks than there are now. They were even walking up the side of the road during the races!!
24-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

Class, the spectator numbers for the 50s through to the 70s would be interesting the TT does seem to be a shadow of those days from the 80s onwards in spectator numbers swarming every inch of the circuit like ants and queing from the docks to the Liver building in Liverpool.

Anyone gt any stats or is it classified info.

Nice to see the 'Last of the Bengal Lancers' the officer and a gentleman Albert Moule out there who helped me get started racing with a few other long departed friends.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
25-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Albert Moule.
Wow, now THERE is an interesting topic!
For younger viewers, Albert was in insititution.
I remember him as a racer (just) and then a travelling marshall.
There must be some book references?
Google time
MV
26-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Albert Moule.
Wow, now THERE is an interesting topic!
For younger viewers, Albert was an insititution.
I remember him as a racer (just) and then a travelling marshall.
There must be some book references?
Google time
MV
26-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Found very little but sure others have info.

Meanwhile, just look here

http://www.iomtt.com/TT-Database/competi...2&filter=M

If you drill down to the 1967 lightweight TT you will see Albert in 13th place
in some distinguished company!
Did i read right?
Do his resuts REALLY go back to 1936?
Wow
MV
26-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Website Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Yep he goes that far back and a post war continental circus veteran former army officer and head boy at Dudley grammar schoolthe coat of arms on the front of his blue and white ringed helmet where the grammr schools.

He was sales manager of Colmore Depot Motor Cycle business the Morris and Riley car Distributors for Birmingham, and owned a Newsagents in Dudley, later went on to work for the late Len Vale Onslow MBE whose son Peter I sat at the same desk at school wiTH.

In my early years at the TT I used to hang out at the garage he shared with Pat Walsh who raced 125/203 MVs ended up buying one of Pats 125s and a 500 Norton and went with Albert and Pat in Pats Ex army Austin truck to my first rac. Together with their buddy TM Jack Harding they were a great help to myself and later Bob Heath in doing my first Manx and Bobs first TT when we all shared a couple of Kneens Taxis garages together. Albert always had another ex army guy Peter sombody who everyone always addressed as Colonel.
26-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

I take to long to do posts with my eyes and get logged of before finished so doing it in stages.

When the little scrote Heath who was around nineteendid his first TT we were joined in the garages by the late Len Williams a former wartime RN destroyer commnder and John Denty from Bristol. Bob was up to a lot of antics that really p**** off Albert the Coloneland particularly John Denty's spanner man. I was not there but a summary court marshall was held and a decision was made that he should be punished I had already gone to the digs for dinner, when the rest turned up I was told Bob was not hungry, when we returned I found out Heathy had been bound hand and foot to a pillar and a hose pipe running cold water had been stuck down the front of his kecks and he had been left to cool him off. John Denty was sadly killed a few months later at tubbergen in Holland and I bought his almost brand new Thames van of his Mother.

Some years later Albert had a CR93 and 250 Aermacchi that he kept in his bedrooom at his bungalow, I was in there browsing a photo racing album and I saw some photos that I was not supposed to and was told never to mention them in racing circles, thereafter much to Alberts annoyance I always refered to him as.

The Last of the Bengal Lancers.

All great friends to whom I will be enternally grateful for the help and ship in starting me racing not the same these days as when everyone mucked in together.
26-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Find Reply
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15

MV Wrote:Albert was in insititution.
Not wishing to get too pedantic about grammar etc my friend, but in case there are youngsters who did not know him, Albert was AN institution, not IN one! :shock: :wink:
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
27-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

PeterCourtney Wrote:
MV Wrote:Albert was in insititution.
Not wishing to get too pedantic about grammar etc my friend, but in case there are youngsters who did not know him, Albert was AN institution, not IN one! :shock: :wink:

Just for you Peter and in the interest of good grammar I've fixed it :wink:

Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol

MV you are sent to the back of the class :wink:
27-12-2007, 02:37 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

Mike thinks faster than he can type!
27-12-2007, 02:59 PM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Thanks H!