Bikes and cars
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Bikes and cars
Hi All,

Since its a new year and a new supplier of the bikes, no one knows yet, oooo how exciting is this.... so who do you think will get it for the cars and who will get it for the bikes. I think the organisers might have something up their little sleaves so before anything is anounced who do you think?

Personnally I hope the cars go to Mylcreests as it is their 50th year this year for supplying the cars to the TT free of charge and I think it would be good to see them in, even if it is their last year..... as on another site the sound of the bells of change might be ringing...

The bikes however are a different story, Suzuki maybe? Rizla backed or what about Ducati.... it would be their only real chance fo getting in on the act as their race bikes just carn't hack it......?

Oooo ok so over to you lot.... what do you think the powers that be have come up with?
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
31-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15

I am with you Dave, would be nice to see Mylchreests.

As for the bikes, although I feel Honda hold a lot of strings at the TT which annoys me, I still hope they are the bike.

For no other reason that their reliability. TM's need to know that they can get where they are going without any drama and I believe that is what Honda offer.

Can you imagine your Duke not starting......or putting Tony Duncan on a GSXR and him forgetting he is a TM and not racing? Lol
31-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

I am sure it would be dissapointing for Mylcreests to not get the 'contract' for this year since it is their 50 year mark. I know I would be really gutted about it. But maybe David Mylcreest's move from the MMCC committee to life member maybe pointing us to the answer.

Fitzy totally agree with you on the Ducati thing, we all know the problems restarting them during a race, so maybe a problem they don't want. How about Suzuki then? or maybe Honda will still want to supply them.... who knows...... but it will be interesting to find out.

Audi TT seems to be a good name to have if Mylcreest doesn't get it this year.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
01-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Find Reply