FIRST LADY ROADRACING SIDECAR PASSENGER
Rocket Man Offline

Threads: 13
FIRST LADY ROADRACING SIDECAR PASSENGER
Does anyone know who and what year the first lady sidecar passenger took part in an official ACU roadracing event, whether it is in the TT or on the british mainland?

I have checked the Guinness Book of Records with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.
21-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

The first woman to compete in the TT was Inge Stoll (Ingeborg Stolle-Laforge), in 1954. She was Swiss German, but raced with a French driver (Jacques Drion), and, sadly, died in the Czech Grand Prix in 1958.
I don't know about the first female passenger with an ACU licence ... lost in the mists of time.. Fred Hanks wife passengered, and I hope to track down more from that generation for my book.
To tell you the truth, in those days, some passengers had no licence, they just said "I'll do it" and off they went. The programme just said A.N.Other!

[Image: IngeStoll.jpg]

[Image: DrionStoll1.jpg]
21-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Rocket Man Offline

Threads: 13

thewitch Wrote:The first woman to compete in the TT was Inge Stoll (Ingeborg Stolle-Laforge), in 1954. She was Swiss German, but raced with a French driver (Jacques Drion), and, sadly, died in the Czech Grand Prix in 1958.
I don't know about the first female passenger with an ACU licence ... lost in the mists of time.. Fred Hanks wife passengered, and I hope to track down more from that generation for my book.
To tell you the truth, in those days, some passengers had no licence, they just said "I'll do it" and off they went. The programme just said A.N.Other!

If i had photographic and documentary proof of a lady sidecar passenger racing on public roads at an ACU roadracing event on the british mainland in 1931/32/33, is it possible she could be eligible the Guinness Book of Records?
22-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Very possibly, and I'd be very interested to hear about her, as I would probably include her in my book. Tell us more! Big Grin
22-01-2008, 10:13 PM