cargo
Unregistered

I've been know to get an jippy tummy on the IOM ferries from time to time. Especially on the Seacat.

What I've discovered is that standing outside in a position as near the back as is possible and right in the middle widthwise is where there is least movement up and down/ side to side.
Funny tummy cured every time
27-01-2008, 02:00 PM
theflyingplumber Offline

Threads: 5

cargo Wrote:I've been know to get an jippy tummy on the IOM ferries from time to time. Especially on the Seacat.

What I've discovered is that standing outside in a position as near the back as is possible and right in the middle widthwise is where there is least movement up and down/ side to side.
Funny tummy cured every time

Thanks for the advice Cargo. I will be taking your advice next time I come. The plus side is if it doesn't work is, It will be less distance for me to travel in order to jump overboard. smilie
27-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I used to do as Cagro advises but now, with the smoking ban, it's intolerable up there, so I roll myself up in a ball and got to sleep (under the table if need be!)
27-01-2008, 11:12 PM
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
A cure for seasickness
Me, the Witch and quite a few others found a cure for seasickness by tearing up the return ticket!
28-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I did on accasion try another method of avoiding seasickenss find the on board bar and get yourself very drunk :wink:

I tried this one when I was on my way to the IOM for my Manx GP newcomers race. I spent the entire journey in the company of the now sadly departed Darren Lindsay...................I could barely stand up by the time we got there :wink:

And not for even one second did I feel sea sick
And we had a bit of a sing song

[Image: SeasickSteve-GF03.jpg]

Bonus point if anyone know who this is :?:
28-01-2008, 06:15 PM
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

Thats seasick Steve Chiggers Cargo. played the hootenanny on New Year.

Was really good.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
28-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Very good DClucie
28-01-2008, 08:13 PM
theflyingplumber Offline

cargo Wrote:Very good DClucie

I tell you what folks all this talk about sea sickness (which I was daft enough to instigate) is making me feel distinctly queasy so just nipping off to find some Quells before I head for the Heads (sorry about the pun). :mrgreen:
28-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Find Reply
theflyingplumber Offline

cargo Wrote:I did on accasion try another method of avoiding seasickenss find the on board bar and get yourself very drunk :wink:

I tried this one when I was on my way to the IOM for my Manx GP newcomers race. I spent the entire journey in the company of the now sadly departed Darren Lindsay...................I could barely stand up by the time we got there :wink:

And not for even one second did I feel sea sick
And we had a bit of a sing song

[Image: SeasickSteve-GF03.jpg]

Bonus point if anyone know who this is :?:

Cargo I have some bad news, If I have more than one shandy I get the same effect as being on a boat. Lol :shock:
28-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Find Reply
Keith Pursglove
Unregistered

Returning to the question of sea sickness (with apologies to anyone having dinner or tea) but I found three ways of overcoming the dreaded condition.
1. Stay on deck and watch the horizon. Helps the inner ear and eye to give the brain the same message with regard to your orientation.
2. Lie down. same reasons as before.
3. Retire to the bar. (Usually in or about the centre line of vessel so previous post re being in the centre of the boat applies - but if enough amber liquid is consumed who cares! Lol )
And don't forget you guys - the old steamers did not have stabalisers!
29-01-2008, 05:00 PM
theflyingplumber Offline

Re: New Member
Keith Pursglove Wrote:Returning to the question of sea sickness (with apologies to anyone having dinner or tea) but I found three ways of overcoming the dreaded condition.
1. Stay on deck and watch the horizon. Helps the inner ear and eye to give the brain the same message with regard to your orientation.
2. Lie down. same reasons as before.
3. Retire to the bar. (Usually in or about the centre line of vessel so previous post re being in the centre of the boat applies - but if enough amber liquid is consumed who cares! Lol )
And don't forget you guys - the old steamers did not have stabalisers!

I would like to thank you all for your posts and making a new member feel welcome.
I would also thank the sea sickness practitioners for their help and look forward (not sure that sounds right) to putting the remedies into practice.
smilie Lol
29-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Find Reply