Is there an error in the TT regs ?
cargo
Unregistered

Is there an error in the TT regs ?
I'm no expert but I do read the regs and I've spotted something.

As the regs currently stand the new 2008 Ducati superbike is excluded from TT 2008..................don't believe me read on.

This is a little complicated and also I think it proves that I'm right in my belief that stupid FIM, MCRB over complex rules for Superbikes and Superstocks are a foolish waste of both time and money.

Here is what it says in the TT regs for the Superbike race.....

"TT Superbike Race
For machines complying with 2008 FIM World Superbike regulations and/or 2008 MCRCB Superbike regulations with the amendments specified in Appendix A of these TT regulations

Over 750cc up to 1000cc 4 cylinders 4 stroke
Over 750cc up to 1000cc 3 cylinders 4 stroke
Over 800cc up to 1000cc 2 cylinders 4 stroke."

Simple enough dont you think...................... not really.

A quick look at the MCRCB website reveals the following information for Superbikes regarding capacities

" Displacement Capacities
They must be :-
4 cylinder over 750cc up to 1000cc 4 stroke
2 cylinder over 750cc up to 1200cc 4 stroke "

And also on the FIM website the capactiy information for Superbikes

"Over 850 cc up to
1200cc 2 cylinders "

Now those of you with a keen eye will have spotted that 1200cc twins are permited in the Superbike class at MCRB and FIM but at the TT 1200cc twins are NOT allowed in the Superbike class.

Basicly what it means is anyone with a 1200 twin which includes the new 2008 Ducati can't do the TT Superbike race I think also the Bluell would be excluded too.

Micheal Rutter is riding 2008 Ducati this year ? Not at the TT he isn't

Oh dear me just a few weeks into the job and already ACU Special Events have boobed.
27-01-2008, 08:36 PM
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15

I have just been polishing my crystal ball, and it took me to the TT2015 - "classes are for two-wheeled machines powered by solar energy, with a maximum permitted speed of 90 kph, and a seat length of 30.5cm or less, or for the Senior event, use of pedal assistance is permitted. All machines must have a maximum noise level of 30db, except in designated areas near hospitals and nursing homes, where this must not exceed 25db"
A second polish took me back to the 60s - "up to 50cc/125cc/250cc/350cc/500cc, 2- or 4-strokes, no silencers, any number of gears, cylinders"................Ain't progress wunnerful?
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
28-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I think that mybe you and I are on the same wavelength Peter.

I don't like the Superstock Superbike Supersports classess for one very simple reason.

The rules completely ban any kind of entrepreneurial engineering skills or initiative design. If the big bike makers dont build it then you can't race it.
I seem to remember Joey once building his own chassis using railway sleepers to keep it straight ?? Im sure I read this somewhere. If he did it now it would not be allowed.

And before someone points out that one off bikes are allowed in the Senior it is at ACU discretion..................cue big four moaning if they let one in.

The current Superbike class grew up out of the old TTF1 class but TTF1 allowed for one off specials. There was a single arm front suspension bike ridden in TTF1 by a guy called Mille Pajalic (I think) it was a wonderful creation with a Kawasaki engine and there were many others.

The Supersports class grew up out of the old TTF2 class there were guys here in Nothern Ireland doing things to 350 Yamahas two years before Yamaha thought of it :wink:

But all that talent and skill is lost now cos the big four say so :cry:
28-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15

Have I mentioned Scruteneering? :twisted:
28-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

What would George Shuttleworth do now????????????

and after all that practice in his back garden.......
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
29-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Find Reply