where is he now ?
cargo
Unregistered

where is he now ?
I was working on my old 1996 CBR600 today I'm getting it ready for this coming season as I'll ride it in the pre97 class here on the short curcuits.

It is 11 years since I bought it in early 1997 as my bike of choice for my MGP newcomers race.

Today I took a step back and had a good look at the old girl and wondered about all the fun I've had on it. Then I remembered that I bought from a guy called Mark Ditchfield. I went to see it in a bike shop in Rochdale called Robinsons. Mark met me there I looked the bike over and we agreed a deal there and then.
Today as I looked at the bike I got to wondering where is Mark now. I know he raced in the Speed Triple Challange championship that was running back then but I've not heard anything since.

Anybody know him? or Where he is ?

:idea:
:idea:
A phone number would be great
04-02-2008, 07:17 PM
larryd Offline

Threads: 11

As far as I know, Cargo, the Ditchfield family business is/was Revolution Racing.

Website http://www.revolutionuk.co.uk

Address:

Smith Green Depot
Stoney Gate
Galgate
nr Lancaster

Phone: 07970 915259

Email: enquiries@revolutionuk.co.uk

How that :?:

:wink:
04-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
04-02-2008, 09:02 PM
larryd Offline

Easy Peasy :!:

Big Grin
04-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Find Reply
Phil.M. Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0

Hi Cargo, I think Mark was team mate to Kevin Mawdsley in 96 riding for Mcready racing Kevin was injured during that season and Colin Gable had a few rides with them, anyway my point being through Colin I also bought one of their bikes and rode it at the Manx in 97 and 98
05-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32

I remember Mark, and his Dad. I think my nephew and my brother (DJ/TJ) helped Mark a little in the mid nineties.
Anyway, Cargo mentioned Robinsons of Rochdale. Who can make the link from Robinsons to a famous corner on the TT course? This will be a bit like those "Who wants to be a Millionaire" questions. You either know it straight away, or you haven't a clue!
05-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Robinsons Fresh Foods at Bradden
06-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Splashdown Offline

No NOT Robinson's Foods at Braddan!! Further round the course.This bend is more commonly known today with a different less imaginative name, but older afficionados of the course would still use this name. It's NOT Greeba Castle, which used to be called Hall Caines. Keep going. I'll give you till tonight, maybe tomorrow if I don't get back from Scotland in time.
06-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63

A wild guess:

Drinkwater's Bend??????????
06-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

I think that you've got it, John.

Ben Drinkwater, who crashed fatally at the Eleventh, was a motor cycle dealer from Rochdale.

Thereafter, and to us bus pass holders, this corner became "Drinkwater's".

Good enough link to Robinson's, Nick :?:

8)
06-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Spot on!! Well done John, though I thought Larry or Bill would be first. Ben Drinkwater was in partnership with Tom Robinson's father, (Tom still MD of the company, and was a keen trials rider). So when Ben was lost at the TT, I think it was 1949, the business passed to the Robinson family. Incidentally the joint owner of Robinsons is David Dearden, who raced the Manx in the 80's, and who manages the KTM Supermoto team. David's dad was not Reg Dearden,(as a lot of folk think) but Crowther Dearden. I would always think of the Robinson family when running down to the 11th Milestone.
To be perfectly honest, there's hardly a corner on the course that doesn't have a memory for me, either as a little boy being taken round by my Dad, or being on the back of brother Tony on a Tiger 100, or taking David round as a young boy.
So many memories, shame to waste them on a bloomin golf course!!!
07-02-2008, 01:15 AM
Find Reply