Ministers statement re-TT
thewitch
Unregistered

Ministers statement re-TT
I'm afraid it's the last question, but I suggest you listen, and get Adrian Earnshaw's statement. I don't know how long this will work, so I suggest you listen tday/tonight. I would be interested in your comments after.
A couple of things appear to me to be fudged but there is, I believe, a clear statement about the scrutineering arrangements.

http://www.manxradio.com/listenagain.aspx

go to: Tuesday: Keys Question Time
29-01-2008, 12:48 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

Drat... I've just listened to a bit and it's last week's... Probably doesn't go on line until after 1.00 pm.
29-01-2008, 12:49 PM
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

Wouldn't trust our beloved minister as far as I could throw him.

I will still wait to see what happens as I know from my sources there is still a bit of a worry no matter what the minister says about the scrutineering arrangements.

What I do know is that if they expect the scrutineers to sign for a bike that goes out without a proper and full check, then they will end up with no scrutineers at all, as they just will not sign for a machine that hasn't been checked properly, leaving themselves open to prosicution later.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
29-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

This morning's broadcast is now on, and looks like it will be there for a week.
29-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Charlie Beesa Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0

An mp3 clip of the Question and Answer is on another forum here:
(I think you need to register to download the audio clip)

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.p...t&p=298360

There's nothing new there although the Minister did seem a little uncomfortable. There have been a few noses put out of place over all this.

Let's hope it all works out well in the end.
29-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Find Reply
oggy Offline

Threads: 2

My take on it is he neither said yes or no his answer left all options open, as I understand it all bikes will always be scrutineered, if it later turns out they are not he can say I miss-understood it.
31-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Find Reply