Threads: 39
Last few tickets available for TT Centenary Dinner
07-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390

Remember this ??

I haven't heard anything public or otherwise as to how this event was concluded.

Is there anyone out there who has ?

Malcolm.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
13-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Website Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Yes funny this, much has been made of the success of the Centenary TT but to date we have nothing about how much was raised from this sell out event and to which charity the proceeds went. A mate of mine was saying that the event had a lot of interesting items to be auctioned off, hope they made a few quid. :oops:

Edit to add was this to raise funds for racing charities or other good causes
13-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

It was a wonderful, albeit very stressful (for those working there) night, which raised a sizable amount of money (of the top of my head I can't tell you how much) for two motorcycle charities - The ACU Benevolent Fund and the Joey Dunlop Foundation.

We are looking at a different type of charity event to hold in 2008 at the TT, with the same two charities benefiting. Details in due course.

Paul
13-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

smilie
14-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390

While I appreciate your posting Paul, which I am sure was made to try and keep people informed, it does not answer the point in my initial posting.

As far as I am aware, there has been no official public information released that identifies how much money was raised and/or how much was received by the named beneficiaries.

Is there anyone who knows how much was raised and how much was received by the two organisations mentioned ??
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Website Find Reply
kevin quirk Offline

Threads: 28
TT Centenary Dinner
As an interested party in this thread, I feel that there should be a response from JDF.

Paul and his Chief Executive , have been long term supporters of JDF and have organised several TT Chatshows which has raised considerably amounts , allowed JDF use of the Villa Marina for Joeys Exhibition TT 2007, allowed JDF on the Tourist Board Stand at the NEC. We also have the DC/AC concert in the Royal Hall(Villa Marina) on 1st March 2008 .Both Paul and Carol have attended several of our fund raising events and always take an interest in our progress.

Again Paul has indicated further support in 2008

Todate this is the only Government Department that has given tangible support to JDF and I look forward to further support in 2008
14-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Kevin Im starting to smell the smoke but cant see the fire, also hearing the rumours that no monies have been paid out to any charity that was raised at this event.

I truly hope that this is a rumour and that the said charities did do well.

But I can also see from another posting that no details have been released and would have thought the fans who supported the event would like to know.

smilie
14-02-2008, 03:03 PM