Ten Years Ago - what do you remember ?
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Ten Years Ago - what do you remember ?
Elsewhere, I have begun a decade-by-decade listing of highlights from each year ending in '-8..

Perhaps you might like to contribute your highlights from the TT year 1998 on this site, and I will reproduce some of them on my website (with acknowledgements of course)................. Please help, for at my age, One can remember vividly what happened 50 years ago but "yesterday" is quite hazy !!

Happy Easter to all of you.

Please remember Mike the Bike......................
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
23-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Website Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40
RE: Ten Years Ago - what do you remember ?
ian huntly Wrote:Elsewhere, I have begun a decade-by-decade listing of highlights from each year ending in '-8..

Perhaps you might like to contribute your highlights from the TT year 1998 on this site, and I will reproduce some of them on my website (with acknowledgements of course)................. Please help, for at my age, One can remember vividly what happened 50 years ago but "yesterday" is quite hazy !!

Happy Easter to all of you.

Please remember Mike the Bike......................

RAIN Evil Being let down for digs for race week and getting knocked off my bike on the way to the boat by another bike rider. Sorry Ian but 1998 was just about the worst TT ever for me..Sad
23-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Website Find Reply
Phil Windrum Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Ten Years Ago - what do you remember ?
Seeing Joey lying in the middle of the road at Tandragee and being thankful that he was conscious and talking. Being amazed when he went to the IOM with a broken pelvis and minus a finger 4 weeks later. Not being surprised when he pulled out of the big bike races... and awestruck once again when he turned everybody over in the 250. One of my fave Joey TT wins as it was so unexpected?
23-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Find Reply