The Early Morning Bus
thewitch
Unregistered

The Early Morning Bus
Sorry not to have been giving any details on this, but due to my current, ongoing (will it ever end) house move, and a piece of work I have to finish, I have not had time yet to get this underway. I would anticipate holding it on the Friday morning of practice week as last year, so Larry and the pother Pre=TT people can come.
If you would like to join us, PM me, and I will get to work organising bus etc.
I wondered if this year we might give the proceeds to Wyn Evans for the benefit of injured riders, marshals etc? What do you think?
31-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15
RE: The Early Morning Bus
You know me and likely the Quiz Mistress will be there Helen. As for donating the money via Wyn, I think this is a great idea..I have been on the receiving end of some help from the Benevolent Fund a few years ago.
31-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Put me on your list Helen, but let's start off a bit earlier this time.

I remember practice started as dawn broke not in glorious warm sunshine !!

Breakfast at Sulby Glen again ??
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
01-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
All good stuff Helen!
Ian, I dont think we should start any
EARLIER. Much as I love Quarry Bends,
I really dont think we want to spend
any longer there waiting for Rosie and
the gang to ready breakfast!
Especially those of us who stay
in the Sulby area to start with!
MV
02-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Sorry, I forgot some of the early birds added to the bus load as we went round.

Therefore anyone who wants to join me at 4.45 AM to simulate what getting up for practice was really like, is welcome to join me in pit lane to see dawn break over Onchan with a hot chocolate drink !! We could have a "sounds off" of a Honda six going through !!

After that, we will get on the bus when it arrives !

Breakfast was like lunch in those days, we had been up so long.

Thanks Helen and team for giving us a chance to commemorate this important piece of TT History.

Can we get the IOM Post Office to produce a stamp and/or a first day cover ?

I could produce one for the occasion if necessary.
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
02-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Website Find Reply
steve-e Offline

Threads: 6
I have absolutely no idea what you are all on about, can someone enlighten me please? Big Grin
SteveEnglish
02-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Website Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15
Last TT Helen arranged a Coach around the TT course kicking off at 6am. We have Nick Jefferies and Cargo as commentary around the lap.

Stopped at a few points of interest to people, had a cooked breakfast as the Sulby Glen and a Quiz set by Larry.

Looking at doing the same again this year but looks like it could be scruteneering at 4am for a 6am blast down Bray on a Coach Yahoo
02-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

It was a response to all those who lamented the end of early morning practice... you know the sort of thing... the little landladies twittering, the grumpy early morning birdies, that sort of thing.
Last year we filled a coach and went round with Nick Jefferies and Cargo as guides (no sidecar expert, although Fitz was a passenger, as usual, and Sharon did the most ingenious answers to the devilishly hard quiz... eg... who won the 1978 sodecar TT... Wallace and Gromit!)
We left at 6am, had breakfast at The Sulby, and met up with Shaun Harris at the Grandstand on our return.
The proceeds £1000... went to the MGPSC.
Roughly the same formula this time, I think...
U up for it, Steve?
02-04-2008, 07:59 PM
steve-e Offline

Threads: 6
thewitch Wrote:It was a response to all those who lamented the end of early morning practice... you know the sort of thing... the little landladies twittering, the grumpy early morning birdies, that sort of thing.
Last year we filled a coach and went round with Nick Jefferies and Cargo as guides (no sidecar expert, although Fitz was a passenger, as usual, and Sharon did the most ingenious answers to the devilishly hard quiz... eg... who won the 1978 sodecar TT... Wallace and Gromit!)
We left at 6am, had breakfast at The Sulby, and met up with Shaun Harris at the Grandstand on our return.
The proceeds £1000... went to the MGPSC.
Roughly the same formula this time, I think...
U up for it, Steve?

Could well be depending if we're on the Island at the time :p Can't remember now what days the flights are booked for.. I know it's halfway through practice week and back just after slidey A.
SteveEnglish
03-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Website Find Reply