Help the Marshalls
sticky Online
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40
RE: Help the Marshalls
Some good ideas there. I certainly think a lot more needs to be done to attract visiting marshals for the full two weeks of the TT and the Manx. So, I'd suggest that visiting marshals get a FULL travel rebate if they cover all practice and race sessions.

The problem with the TT at the moment is that too many people are treating it simply as a stag weekend. Why is this a problem? It blocks beds for people wanting to do the fortnight (and maybe marshal?) and forces prices up as hoteliers, traders etc have to make in three days what they used to make in two weeks. The only beneficiary of this demographic is the Steam Packet.

The DoTL don't appear to have a handle on this and seem happy to let it be. If there are more visiting marshals then this will take the strain off the locals and maybe allow for morning practice to come back and the re-instatement of the extended thursday afternoon session. This would in turn give the opportunity for a greater variety of classes to be run, which I think most of us would like to see.

This whole concept of getting more people over for the fortnight at the MGP, which is in greater need of visiting marshals, needs to be adressed now. With the popularity of the TT being what it is there's a golden opportunity to filter this through to the Manx.

There was very little publicity for the Manx at last year's TT. If I was the MMCC I'd be advertising it like mad on Radio TT. With the Irish scene appearing to be so vibrant AND attracting visitors from this side of the wet bit the potential is there to really get the MGP going.

The Manx GP needs marshals, the TT needs the Manx GP. It's all linked...
04-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Help the Marshalls - by FC - 04-04-2008, 10:23 AM
RE: Help the Marshalls - by sticky - 04-04-2008, 10:47 AM
RE: Help the Marshalls - by GREEBA#94 - 04-04-2008, 12:14 PM
RE: Help the Marshalls - by Rocket Man - 04-04-2008, 10:12 PM
RE: Help the Marshalls - by FC - 05-04-2008, 10:55 AM
RE: Help the Marshalls - by FC - 07-04-2008, 12:22 PM
RE: Help the Marshalls - by Tomcat - 07-04-2008, 08:11 PM