Thank you Mylchreests
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
Thank you Mylchreests
I would like to thank Mylchreests and Bill Bennett for assuring us that the course cars for the MGP will be covered.Genuine support and honesty are gratefully receivedsmilie
09-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

RE: Thank you Mylchreests
I'll second that, as I am sure, will the privileged few who, for one reason or another, have had the experience of travelling with David Mylchreest!
09-04-2008, 07:43 PM
gary the nurse Offline

Threads: 18
always fancied a go in the car but would mean me not being on post on the course! have pillioned a little distance on back of a certain tm few years ago but that were before the advent of the tailpacks!wouldnt fancy it now-might sit on someones butties...or even worse falsies!

but really great to hear the Mylchreests are STILL involved in the greatest circuit in the world
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2008, 08:30 PM by gary the nurse.)
09-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Find Reply
Rocket Man Offline

Threads: 13
I remember years ago when the Triumph TR7 was the course car, My friend on a Norton Commando 750 was waiting for the roads open car to pass by, then follow it, if he could all the way back to the start. By the time the rope was dropped, after the car had passed, it had disappeared. My friend chased the car in hot persuit, but in doing so for several miles, burned a hole in one of his pistons, which ment we had to try and locate a left hand piston somewhere on the island, as Norton pistons were not the same in both cylinders. We could only locate a right hand piston, and fortunatly of the same bore.
My friend then borrowed an angle grinder of some sort, and roughly ground out the valve pockets of the piston, so it could be fitted into the lefthand cylinder.
It was a bodge job, but it got him back home to Cornwall.

The bodged piston now sits proudly on his mantlepiece, as a momento.
09-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
a few yrs ago, we awaited the tm car to open the rds at Brandywell, it was a cool fri evening of practice week, and when he came scorching round, the rd marshall lifted the rope, and we were away, we overtook the car, and from then to near signpost, i think i was in the fastest traffic jam ever, boy was that car moving, and at times there were 6 abreast following him!!
10-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Website Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
Hey Baylon was that your apprentieship Bonk
Roll on Kells 2010
10-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10
Do I take it then, that the new much-vaunted sponsors are not covering the Manx, and despite being kicked in the teeth over the TT Mylchreests have been called in to do that?

The organisers are lower than I thought, and Mylchreets are more gentlemen for it then.

Take a bow Mr Mylchreest.
11-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Website Find Reply