Hannay and the LSD/DoT
gary the nurse Offline

Threads: 18
Hannay and the LSD/DoT
http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=18624

Hannay role in spotlight
16/04/2008 08:33:39

The Department of Transport is conducting it's own inquiry into the comments made by Coroner Michael Moyle at the end of the inquest into the three deaths at the 26th milestone during last year's Senior T.T..

Mr Moyle severely criticised race management and stated that, in his view, several individuals should have no further role in motor sport events on the Island.

Chief Marshal Roger Hurst and Sector Marshal Cathy Pullen, both volunteers, have stood down as a result.

One Government official in particular came in for stinging criticism from the Coroner - Director of Highways Bruce Hannay.

The Department of Transport has representatives, including the Director of Highways, on the T.T. Co-ordinating Committee, which met last Friday.

James Davis has been talking to Transport Minister David Anderson:-

Clip 1
16-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Hannay and the LSD/DoT
It is a great shame that Cathy Pullen and Roger Hurst have stepped down.I am fully aware of the amount of work and dedication they have put into all marshaling matters,and I am sad that they have been almost forced to quit.What I don't understand is why Mr Hannay is so quiet,when he was criticised equally,and being a member of the legal profession,he should have been aware of certain issues.Having said that,I believe Mr Hannay was trying to help the TT get underway on time,by signing a document which he believed he was entitled to do. In spite of the severe criticisms by Michael Moyle,which in deed were a shade too personal, I do believe that things will be in place this year,which should have been addressed some time ago.The organisers have had a wake up call,nothing beyond what all employers have to contend with in modern times.
17-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Find Reply