Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ducati Owners Club Meetings at TT2008
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ducati Owners Club Meetings at TT2008
The Ducati Owners Club has two events during TT week.

The first and most long-established is the Mad Sunday TT Rally, held at the Waterfall Hotel, Glen Maye, from 11 am onwards. We usually have sunstroke weather, regalia on sale, and prizes for best bike in three categories, so get the Solvol out. The 2008 event is scheduled for Sunday 1st June.

For this year only, though, we have something very special, so attention all Hailwood Rep owners.

This year, to mark the 30th anniversary of Mike the Bike's brilliant 1978 F1 win, there will be a very special award for the best Hailwood Replica at the DOC TT rally on Sunday 1st June. This will be a one-off, stupendous trophy that will be treasured by the winner forever, so if you have an MHR, you owe it to yourself to be there.

Not only this, BUT...

The winner of this trophy will also get to take part in the TT Classic Parade lap on Friday 6th June, riding his (or her) award-winning Hailwood Rep alongside the likes of Foggy, Paul Smart and David Hailwood on closed roads as part of Ducati's celebration of Mike the Bike's epic 1978 TT win. See below.

You cannot buy this opportunity!

For any Hailwood Rep owner to be in with a chance of winning this special lap they have to be at Glen Maye on Mad Sunday, and still in the Island on Friday the 6th June. If he/she is not then the owner will regret it for the rest of his or her life!

On the Tuesday of race week, we have our annual TT Barbeque, at the Shore Hotel, Laxey. We hope to avoid last year's cock-up, which resulted in there being no Barby at the BBQ. This starts at around 7 PM, and goes on until chucking out time. For 2008 the date is June 3rd .

Yahoo Blistering sunshine and cold beer awaits! smilie
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
20-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Website Find Reply