Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wingwalkers to thrill the TT crowds
thewitch
Unregistered

Wingwalkers to thrill the TT crowds
Wingwalkers Team Guinot will perform a daring new manoeuvre at this year’s TT races

A SPECTACULAR new wingwalking manoeuvre will be staged over this year's TT.
Team Guinot, which claims to be the world's only formation wingwalking team, will be pioneering a daring new manoeuvre over Douglas Bay on Wednesday, June 4, and Thursday, June 5.

The daring wingwalkers will remove their static harness to sit on the leading edge of the top wing directly above the plane's propeller as they soar at 100mph.

The breathtaking manoeuvre is named the Guinot Goose after the nickname of its creator, 21-year-old wingwalker Lucy Foster.

She said: 'I feel as free as a bird sitting on the leading edge. I can see for miles and the sense of freedom is amazing.'

Team leader Vic Norman added: 'The new move truly demonstrates the talent of our wingwalkers. The girls literally have taken wingwalking acrobatics to new heights.

'It takes exceptional ability and strength to complete the move and the crowd won't be disappointed.'

The 1940's Boeing Stearman biplanes will also perform an adrenalin-pumping sequence of loops, rolls and turns whilst the glamorous wingwalkers wave and perform handstands against 150mph wind pressure.

>> Watch Team Guinot in action on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUJvxxs-UP8
13-05-2008, 10:22 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

RE: Wingwalkers to thrill the TT crowds
Oh, boy, I'd love a go at that. I tried to do it as a fundraiser oince, but was told it wasn't allowed.smilie
13-05-2008, 10:23 AM