TT Co-Ordinating Committee Releases Details of Prohibited and Restricted Areas
cargo
Unregistered

RE: TT Co-Ordinating Committee Releases Details of Prohibited and Restricted Areas
I think I'm right that in most home insurance there is some 3rd Party liability included ?

Mind you if your running a commericial enterprise and selling viewing space on your property then your normal home insurance would not cover it. ?

Larry your email is bouncing and I don't mean that it smells
14-05-2008, 02:44 PM
oggy Offline

Threads: 2
RE: TT Co-Ordinating Committee Releases Details of Prohibited and Restricted Areas
If somebody has a copy of last years restrictions maybe it would be easier to look at what is different, from posts I have read I understood that there was not going to be a lot of changes.
14-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

It's not the law, Colin - there's no law that says you have to have Public Liability Insurance.

But, as a householder/landowner, you'd be clean mad not to have in those circumstances

In this case Larry it is.
If the Government have any involvment in the event then the laws of the land come into force.
14-05-2008, 05:52 PM
cargo
Unregistered

I think I can honestly say that in matters of insurance the forum expert is Larry and folks would do well to read, digest and understand.

There are none so deaf as those who will not listen............now where have I seen that before Wink
14-05-2008, 06:44 PM
FC
Unregistered

cargo Wrote:I think I can honestly say that in matters of insurance the forum expert is Larry and folks would do well to read, digest and understand.

There are none so deaf as those who will not listen............now where have I seen that before Wink

To operate a business at the TT which is track side or has anything to do with the event needs the Approval of ACUE and or the DTL.
I do work for the DTL at times and always have to show proof of insurance.
We are now getting back to RISK assessment, there is a risk to the paying public and they have to be protected, for any group to ignore the fact would be putting themselves at risk. Do the DTL not sell the rights to trade at the TT.

Terms from a Government department.

15. INSURANCE
15.1 Unless the Department otherwise agrees in writing, the Supplier shall effect and maintain at its own cost the insurances specified in condition 15.1.1 with a limit of indemnity of not less than and an excess of not more than those referred to in condition 15.1.1 and such other insurances as are from time to time required by law (the "Insurances"):
Cover
Public & Products liability
Maximum Excess
£100,000
Limit of Indemnity
£2,000,000 for any one claim or series of claims arising out of any one occurrence and, in relation to public liability, unlimited in the aggregate
15.2 The Supplier shall effect and maintain the Insurances for such period as is necessary to ensure that insurance is provided for all of the Supplier's liabilities arising under or in connection with the Contract irrespective of when any claim in relation to any such liability is made.
15.3 The Supplier shall in relation to all of the Insurances provide to the Department on request:
15.3.1 Copies of all insurance policies (including all documents evidencing any amendments, extensions or variations to such Insurances).
14-05-2008, 10:13 PM
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
FC Wrote:
cargo Wrote:I think I can honestly say that in matters of insurance the forum expert is Larry and folks would do well to read, digest and understand.

To operate a business at the TT which is track side or has anything to do with the event needs the Approval of ACUE and or the DTL.
I do work for the DTL at times and always have to show proof of insurance.
We are now getting back to RISK assessment, there is a risk to the paying public and they have to be protected, for any group to ignore the fact would be putting themselves at risk. Do the DTL not sell the rights to trade at the TT.

Terms from a Government department.

15. INSURANCE
15.1 Unless the Department otherwise agrees in writing, the Supplier shall effect and maintain at its own cost the insurances specified in condition 15.1.1 with a limit of indemnity of not less than and an excess of not more than those referred to in condition 15.1.1 and such other insurances as are from time to time required by law (the "Insurances"):
Cover
Public & Products liability
Maximum Excess
£100,000
Limit of Indemnity
£2,000,000 for any one claim or series of claims arising out of any one occurrence and, in relation to public liability, unlimited in the aggregate
15.2 The Supplier shall effect and maintain the Insurances for such period as is necessary to ensure that insurance is provided for all of the Supplier's liabilities arising under or in connection with the Contract irrespective of when any claim in relation to any such liability is made.
15.3 The Supplier shall in relation to all of the Insurances provide to the Department on request:
15.3.1 Copies of all insurance policies (including all documents evidencing any amendments, extensions or variations to such Insurances).

Colin, what you are quoting is a requirement (NOT a law) laid down by Government to its suppliers.

Councils do the same thing, and indeed primary contractors very often do the same to sub-contractors.

All very sensible.

We are, however, talking here householders and landowners, who are in no sort of contractual relationship with your Government (I suppose I have to call it a Government) nor indeed with the ACU (and I could think of several names for them)

What do you not understand, Colin, about the statement that there is no law which makes Public Liability Insurance compulsory - not on the Isle of Man, not in Great Britain, not in Northern Ireland, not in the Republic of Ireland - in fact, NOWHERE in these islands.

Now - can we move on?

Bonk Bonk Bonk
14-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Lary im not talking about private landowners or Joe public, Im on about those that are going to charge fans for spectating.
15-05-2008, 06:01 PM
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
FC Wrote:Lary im not talking about private landowners or Joe public, Im on about those that are going to charge fans for spectating.

Doesn't matter Colin - it's still not legally compulsory to have Public Liability Insurance, no matter who you're referring to.
15-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

larryd Wrote:
FC Wrote:Lary im not talking about private landowners or Joe public, Im on about those that are going to charge fans for spectating.

Doesn't matter Colin - it's still not legally compulsory to have Public Liability Insurance, no matter who you're referring to.

Well if you dont have it you cant be involved in (provide a service) anything that has Government money involved on the IOM. fact
15-05-2008, 08:20 PM
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32
Yes they may well have listed places 'to watch' from !Pigfly

Well you can see where there coming from with Gooseneck..........
Maybe the spectators will stop coming and the only ones watching
will be the marshalls and your pit crew smilie
Roll on ALAND 2009, Island Games Xlll.
Yahoo, I've achieved 3 guidelines for the Island Games & I'm selected ! May see you after at the S100 & Jurby Road.
15-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Website Find Reply