TT Landowners' Insurance
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
TT Landowners' Insurance
http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Confusion...4097065.jp
What do you all think about this report on http://www.iomtoday.co.im ?
There still seems to be confusion about the insurance cover for landowners on the TT course.The ACU have known for some time that certain issues needed to be addressed prior to the TT.It is very important that both the public,marshals,medics and police are covered for personal injury,so why has this not been fully sorted before now?I realise that some of you will think immediately of "the nanny state" and that things are being taken too far with regard to insurance cover, but litigation is here to stay and things have to be taken seriously. Having driven over the mountain today, it looks to me as though the Gooseneck is relatively out of bounds.This is sad as it is a far slower corner than many which have been comparatively overlooked,and one area in a village which I will not mention,where a low wall,on top of which many people pay to sit,is a designated "safe" area, and in a very high speed place.There has been much work done by all concerned with the setting up of the course, all the new Restricted areas and Prohibited area signs, but the insurance issue is one of the most important,and so far things do not appear to have been have fully finalised.
There are going to be many visitors arriving,fully expecting to view from their favourite places,and probably taking up their positions there,without reading the signs, and the marshals are going to be the ones who have to move them on.
The landowners, many of them farmers who have supported the TT for years,need to have their interests protected----and there are only a few days to go----smilie
19-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32
RE: TT Landowners' Insurance
And they're still appealing for MORE marshalls as predicted.
And if fans can't watch where they want they may b8888r off to the pub instead, and there aren't many left on the TT course smilie
Roll on ALAND 2009, Island Games Xlll.
Yahoo, I've achieved 3 guidelines for the Island Games & I'm selected ! May see you after at the S100 & Jurby Road.
19-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Website Find Reply