TT Live, just like being there,,
Shitoffa Shovel Offline

Threads: 5
TT Live, just like being there,,
I left it quite late today to get myself settled to listen to the opening Superbike and Sidecar races at todays TT festival and was looking forward to using the 'Dashboard' with it's top 10 timing feature + my additional 3 favourites. This was till a glitch threw me off the web page just before the off .Sad

Anyway it was interesting to use , worked well and even added a new dimention to the races for us 'Poor Ba$tards' who can't get there this time for what ever reason.

I have just one question, if us at different points around the world can follow the races with 'live' timing via 'tinternet' , why are the commentary positions out on the course still using stop watches and bits of paper and are Not on corrected time as we are ?.

Regards,

SS......Big Grin
It’s strange that men should take up crime when there are so many legal ways to be dishonest. …
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2008, 12:05 AM by Shitoffa Shovel.)
01-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
RE: TT Live, just like being there,,
Good question, I suspect that as this is the way they have always done it, maybe the commentators keep their scraps of paper/notes as momentos of each event and keep doing it this way so when the electronic one fails they can still give out times,positions etc without having to start panicking cos they haven't got the info which would be critical to pit boarders/signalers who would be listening in via normal radio not internet?
Good racing yesterday though.
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
01-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Website Find Reply
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
RE: TT Live, just like being there,,
....Or perhaps is it because they "know" that the system will go down at some stage and they don't want to have to rely on it?...

LOL!

Boakesey
....scone out to take photos!
01-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Find Reply