• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUZUKI DOMINATE SUPERBIKE TT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SUZUKI DOMINATE SUPERBIKE TT
Team Suzuki Press Office - June 1.

[Image: cameron1.jpg]

It was an all Suzuki podium in the TT Superbike race on the Isle of Man with Aussie Cameron Donald taking his first ever Mountain Circuit victory, his Relentless Suzuki team mate Bruce Anstey following him home in second place and former TAS Suzuki pilot Adrian Archibald in third - a clean sweep for the K8 TAS Performance-prepared GSX-R1000s.

This also maintains TAS Racing's 100% record at the TT with every rider on their books, since Norman Brown, making a trip to the top step on Glencrutchery Road.

Guy Martin was the early race leader but Donald was relentless in his pursuit of the Lincolnshire rider, taking over at the front on lap four when Martin retired at Sulby. Both Relentless Suzuki riders circulated together from as early as lap three and when they eventually crossed the line at the end of six laps and 226 miles of racing, they were only separated by 10 seconds at the head of the field.

Donald also recorded his fastest ever lap around the 37.73-mile Mountain Circuit on lap six with a time of 17 minutes 30.84 seconds at 129.256mph. In pursuit of Donald, Bruce Anstey also recorded a sub 18-minute lap with a speed of 129.207mph.

Cameron Donald:

"It just hasn't sunk in yet but it's great to have won my first TT - all thanks must go to Philip, Hector and the whole Relentless Suzuki team for the big effort. I'd also like to thank James Thompson from Moto Direct who did a great job with my AGV helmets today. When John McGuinness dropped out, I thought, 'there goes the first Fireblade - this is my big chance.' I could see Bruce at the end of the straights then I got to follow him out after the first pit stop. I sat behind him then got past at Cronk Y Voddy. On my second stop the boys told me I was leading and to keep it smooth. I kept getting P1 +10, P1 +10 so I didn't need to drop the hammer. Bruce came back past at Ballygarey on the last lap and really went for it but I hung in through Glen Helen. He put his foot out to me just before the 11th Milestone to come past and lift the pace. I was coming over the Mountain on the last lap thinking, I wish my dad was here to see this, and I was also thinking about big Martin Finnegan - I was tearing up in the helmet. My Relentless Suzuki was superb today and the Pirelli tyres were faultless - I'm just rapt."

Bruce Anstey:

"I didn't have a great first lap, then when Cameron came past me I knew it would be difficult to make any time back up. The bike worked well and I had no issues with the Pirelli tyres - everything worked superbly. I had a bit of a go on the last lap and I could see where Cameron was strong, but to finish second in a one-two for Relentless Suzuki in a Superbike TT is really good. I'm confident of a good run in the Senior next Friday."

Philip Neill - Team Principal:

"To have three TAS Performance-prepared bikes on the podium is a phenomenal achievement for my father and myself, and more importantly for every member of the team, from the lorry drivers to the engine builders. I'd like to offer a big thank you to Suzuki and Relentless, and of course our loyal sponsors, Putoline Oil, Beacon Security and Pirelli. They've been with us for seven years and we have also added the likes of Leo Vince from Italy who are over the moon with this result. I'd also like to thank Johnny Towers from Moto Direct who has kitted our riders out with the best safety equipment available in Arlen Ness and AGV for this season.

"What can I say about Cameron? He continues to astound us with his results and we must remember - he was not expected to win here this week. He was unlucky not to pick up his first win at the North West 200, but to put his name on a famous TT trophy in only his second year on a Superbike is astounding. He has stuck to the plan we set for him over the winter and it has paid dividends.

"Bruce has recorded another phenomenal result and it's great to see him back on a Superbike TT podium. He is one of the best riders around at the TT and it would be nice to see him fulfill his ultimate ambition of a Superbike win. I'm also very pleased to see Archie back where he belongs as he's been part of the furniture at TAS since 2003. He may be running his own team this year but we are as much behind him as we ever were and everyone in the team is delighted for him."

Superbike TT:

1 Cameron Donald [Relentless Suzuki] 1hr: 47min 05.89 [126.826mph]
2 Bruce Anstey [Relentless Suzuki] 1hr: 47min 16.66 [126.614mph]
3 Adrian Archibald [AMA Racing Suzuki] 1hr: 48min 37.97 [125.034mph].
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
01-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Website Find Reply